Ipod Nano Vs Creative Zen V+

Well personally I would skip both and go for the sandisk sansa e260, 4gb (expandable memory through the use of micro sd cards too), 20 hours batter life, VERY good build quality compared to the iPod nano, bigger screen, can watch movies.
But for me the best two things about it are the price (£100 from costco, ~£105 internet) and the fact that unlike the other two players, you can just click and drag music and files onto it in windows explorer, rather than having to use itunes or the creative software to transfer tracks :good: . Though there is a program for transfering music if you prefer, and you can also use windows media player to transfer and sync your library.

If it was just between the iPod and creative though, the creative wins on build quality and price.

I need to get a new mp3 player soon too...but with all the fish stuff im buying I have no money left :shout: .

I was thinking about the sansa actually, but I think it looks a little... dodgy tbh, I don't like the fact it looks like an 'ipod wannabee'. sorry. yeah after doing loads of research it basically comes down to whether I'm fightin the power on that day lol

i have the creative zen v plus, its a good mp3 player but the problem is that it freezes every once and a while, it has happened to me 2 times already, the ipod nano you can play games but the nano is much longer but much skinnier, while the creative is smaller but thicker, they are both good mp3 players, if you want small go with the creative, if you dont care go with the nano, i would personaly recommend the nano but thats just my 2 cents

my nano just totally crashed on me once fully charged and wouldn't restart apple said it was a known fault and has since been fixed they sent me a new one out(i had to give my 2gb one to the courier and he gave me a 4gb one for the inconvenience)

freezes like you just finish charging the play and you go to lissen to it you try to turn it off and it does not do anything, it wont play music nothing, all you have to do is let the battery die and charge again

Alternatively to those 3 players, you could buy a second hand iPod mini and hack it to have 8gb flash memory and a better battery, then install rock box or iPod linux so you can use windows explorer to transfer tracks and do loads of other random stuff :good:.

That would cost me £77....
Or I can get an expandable 8gb sansa E280 for £128....

freezes like you just finish charging the play and you go to lissen to it you try to turn it off and it does not do anything, it wont play music nothing, all you have to do is let the battery die and charge again
You've probably already have, but have you tried updating the firmware?

anyone else have opinions?

one thing I want to know is the creative's thumbstick better/worse than the click wheel? does it have any major annoyances? (lol)

thanks

I have the nano (4gb 1st gen) and I love it to death. I've never used the other one though, but iTunes is so easy to transfer with. The advantage to the creative is that it plays wma's and you can get those anywhere, but you can only buy aac files (iPod) from iTunes. I'd look into a sansa or some other brand because you can share music so much easier with those and that is the one major annoyance with iTunes, I can't just link to someone's playlist and grab a few songs; instead I have to lose everything I already have to take their music.

SLC

after lots of thinking, I have decided to go with the nano, or I could buy the creative zen vision:M

my reasons are:

I like the nano controls
I hate people that are anti corporation all the time - apple deserve to do well for once
I don't like the joystick thing

I'd go for the Creative. I love my Vision, and ti works really well. It has frozen a couple of times, but hey! I wear badges (pins to the American lot) quite often, so it wasn't exactly hard to simply press the Reset button. Once you reset it, it rebuilds itself really quickly. So the Creative isn't so common, is easy to use, comes with much more durable headphones, you can actually use Windows Explorer (but it's easier to use the software) and it encourages you to look more funky and stylish by wearing badges (pins)! :D :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back