Invertebrates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cayote

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 160 litre corner tank and am just about ready to put my fish into, the question is what invertebrates can i mix with community fish if at all possible. Any species that are compatible would be greatfull accepted. so have at least a starting point for my setup

In my tank I have apple snails (3) and shrimps (5) mixed in with tetras, kuhlis, dwarf frogs, guppies and have never had any problems.

Apple snails, thanks but which kind of shrimps are you reffering to ?

I've got applesnails also. Slt and CCL both have many little shrimpies though so if you don't want snails I'll let them handle this!

Welcome to the forum! :thumbs:

Thanks for making me welcome but what do you mean little shrimpies ?
What type :D PS ill put some pic`s on when my scanner is repaired to see what you think, im going for aztec look if you know what i mean

hi cayote welcome to the forum, :thumbs: i have a 4ft comunity tank,
in it i have 2 dwarf frogs and 1 giant bluefan shrimp, the shrimp is around 5inch, they get on well with the fish, my shrimp is a filter feeder , he does'nt have the claws which some shrimp species do so he's no threat to the fish, if you do add frogs to the tank make sure there are no gaps as they are very good escape artists, if you look in my pics you'll see my shrimp, not a good pic but it may give you an idea as to what there like, he looks quite dark but he is a lovely blue colour, think he took offence at me netting him, lol :lol: hence the dark colour, :)oh william was refering to my shrimp as i always call him my little shrimpy :D

the shrimps I have are only about 1 - 2inches long called algae eating shrimps. I also have blue line shrimps (same size)

slt has the whopper though called a bluefan shrimp or a columbian armoured shrimp (looks more like a lobster) :p

There is a link in the oddball section with some piccies

Oh thanks very much, much appreciated im having a look for them as i type

Welcome Cayote

Shrimp ? wish i could keep some. All my fishies eat there shrimp, guess I could use the kids goldfish tank .?

I do keep some fresh water clams which are about dime to nickel size. they are really neat in sandy bottom tanks. They need the sand in order to burrow. thats about all I can offer .
Danny

still want some shrimp that my fish won't eat. :sly: :grr: :angry:

Im based in redcar cleveland and as with most things up here there are not available where can i get some bluefan shrimps and blue lines, ive looked in oddballs and found other info, they are just what im looking for. Will neons get on ok with the bluefan ? I take it that slt might be the only one who can help me with retailers here

If your lfs can't order them (give them the full latin name) then if its not too far I know a place in West London that has 2 in stock.

Without wanting to look stupid ( oops 2 l8 ) whats Ifs stand 4 ?

no problems I had to ask also. Lfs means local fish shop. (Not the chippy kind either)

Isnt redcar near Middlesborough? If so then West London is a bit far for you.

lol Yep 2 miles away from boro good fish shops for fish, crap for plants and the rest

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back