Introduction

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishyfishy112

Reaction score
It all started with a goldfish from a fair my mom insisted on winning. Walking home I tripped and fell and dropped the little carrier case and quickly picked him up from the asphalt and ran to the closest stand with a water bottle filled it up and ran home to drive off to buy a 10gallon kit from petco. Came home to find him belly up. I clearly didn’t know anything at the time. So I read and asked a million questions to learn the hobby. I have owned a 5,10,20,38, 50,55,80, and 180 gallon tank. Then graduated in to making acrylic fish tanks and customizing sumps. My biggest tank was a 180 gallon 6x2x2 on a home made stand (over built) with a fluval fx6 and a custom 50 gallon sump running independently housing 4 peacock bass, an odoe, wallago, and a tiger shovel nose. Over the years I needed to downsize and ended up selling everything and currently only own and operate a 50 gallon tank running a fluval fx4. There’s really no such thing as over filtering in my book. And it’s a simple planted schooling tank with Japanese seru stone, Malaysian drift wood, Anubis, swords, caroliniana, and saw grass with a seachem fluorite substrate. I added more types of fish over time to help with cleaning and a snail issue that came up. Currently it’s got a clown pleco, hill stream loach, two yo-yo loaches, three symease algae eaters, school of harlequin and purple rasboras, blue neon tetras, glow light tetra, serpae tetra, and my new favorite mystery tetra. Check my other post and help id what kind of tetra it is (main reason I came to the forum)
Tank still needs some more. They are always a work In progress right?

Attachments

• 613EB84F-8345-4C8A-8F2E-15163E976236.jpeg
    613EB84F-8345-4C8A-8F2E-15163E976236.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 23
Hi and Welcome to the forum.
It all started with a fish......such a simple beginning and look where it led you!

Hi & welcome to our forum... :hi:
And yes, you're right ... there's always work in progress...

Welcome to the forum!
That's a great story on how you came into the hobby!

Nice tank!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back