Introduction

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

AFishfriend

Reaction score
Hello! I am a fairly new fish owner of two angel fish. They currently live in a 50 gallon aquarium decorated with two small plastic plants and a Krusty Krab figurine. Iā€™ve had these two fish since February so around 6 months.
I recently transferred them from a 5 gallon tank to the current 50 gallon tank. However, these two fish are very aggressive. In their 5 gallon tank they would constantly fight and nip at their fins. So I created a divider between them. From research, I read that a larger tank would lessen the constant fights, however, once I moved them, they resumed their aggressive fights and nips at each other (including lip locking).
Would you know how I can stop this behavior?
Thank you!

It could be that this aggression is now entrenched since they spent so long in the tiny tank. I know this is disappointing as you have invested in the appropriate 50 gallon. The only solution would be to rehome one, or both separately.
Angelfish are not keen on sharing territory, especially males.

It could be that this aggression is now entrenched since they spent so long in the tiny tank. I know this is disappointing as you have invested in the appropriate 50 gallon. The only solution would be to rehome one, or both separately.
Angelfish are not keen on sharing territory, especially males.
Thank you for this. I have rehomed them both and they are doing well now. Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back