Introduction

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

Your tank sounds cool! May we see pictures?

Tag me if you ever need help with bettas or lie plants. Hope to see you around the forum! :fish:

Thanks. Here’s my tank. I have a slight algae problem on the slate at the moment, as you can see. 4 Sterba Cory and 4 harlequins. I’ve only had the Corys about 2 weeks, so they’re really shy still, I had to sit very still ;)

Attachments

• F52759E3-1DD1-47E4-8868-6BC8372CCDD5.jpeg
    F52759E3-1DD1-47E4-8868-6BC8372CCDD5.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to the forum :hi:
I'm afraid the tank is too small for harlequins and cories, both of these species need a 20 gallon tank. Corydoras and harlequins need a shoal of 6 or more and soft water.

Welcome to the forum :hi:
I'm afraid the tank is too small for harlequins and cories, both of these species need a 20 gallon tank. Corydoras and harlequins need a shoal of 6 or more and soft water.
Hello there. Oh really? I did lots of research before choosing fish, and I read that the minimum tank size for Corys and Harlequins is 10 gallon.

Hello there. Oh really? I did lots of research before choosing fish, and I read that the minimum tank size for Corys and Harlequins is 10 gallon.
There is a lot of misinformation around. They both need a 20 gallon tank, harlequins best do in a 20 gallon tank and you also could put in more than 6 of each species.

There is a lot of misinformation around. They both need a 20 gallon tank, harlequins best do in a 20 gallon tank and you also could put in more than 6 of each species.
Ok thanks for the info. The fish do seem to be happy and bright.

Which doesn't mean they're happy in such small tank.
I'd recommend you getting a 20 gallon tank as it gives your fish space and more stocking options.
I do agree with @Salty&Onion a 20 gallon would be better, they need the extra room, you do have a nice looking tank. I have a 20 gallon and really like the size and how easy it is to work in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back