Introduction to my heavily planted tank :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Mrs_Moose

Reaction score
Thought I would post my aquarium :) first ever one so did heaps of research. Settled on a walstad style tank with as many plants as I could do. Stocking is 4 pearl gouramis, 6 leopard cories, 14 whitecloud minnows, 1 bristlenose and 3 peacock gudgeons. Its now just over 6 months old and Im really happy with its success, only lost 1 white cloud minnow at the start. Plants tend to do well with little to no effort and have had no sickness. Everyone shows breeding behaviours but never have babies as I think the tank is a bit too busy and they dont survive. Best thing I did for my fishes health was go down to only feeding once every 2 days or so, the tank is alive enough now they are finding little bits of food without me and less feeding keeps water clean. I also never need to water change (but I do occasionally when I want less tannins) as nitrates never go over 5ppm. Very happy I found people like father fish to go down the complete ecosystem, deep substrate, heavily planted route as I have spent barely any money and everything is thriving.

Attachments

• 163010005_3970393109693200_6538999054594323294_o.jpg
    163010005_3970393109693200_6538999054594323294_o.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 214
Very nice tank. How many gallons is it? You should enter it in one of our Tank of the Month contests. For April, we will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons. For May , we will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. You will see a banner at the top of the forums when we will start accepting entries.

Very nice tank. How many gallons is it? You should enter it in one of our Tank of the Month contests. For April, we will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons. For May , we will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. You will see a banner at the top of the forums when we will start accepting entries.
It's 48 gallon :) I will try get some nice pictures and enter :)

You just need one entry pic OR youtube video and a validation photo with handwritten note stating "May 2021 TFF TOTM held in front of tank. For your tank size, entries will be accepted for 6 days starting around May 1st.

Really like the open top approach allowing plants to break through the surface. Is that just an amazon sword at the back-right?

Thought I would post my aquarium :) first ever one so did heaps of research. Settled on a walstad style tank with as many plants as I could do. Stocking is 4 pearl gouramis, 6 leopard cories, 14 whitecloud minnows, 1 bristlenose and 3 peacock gudgeons. Its now just over 6 months old and Im really happy with its success, only lost 1 white cloud minnow at the start. Plants tend to do well with little to no effort and have had no sickness. Everyone shows breeding behaviours but never have babies as I think the tank is a bit too busy and they dont survive. Best thing I did for my fishes health was go down to only feeding once every 2 days or so, the tank is alive enough now they are finding little bits of food without me and less feeding keeps water clean. I also never need to water change (but I do occasionally when I want less tannins) as nitrates never go over 5ppm. Very happy I found people like father fish to go down the complete ecosystem, deep substrate, heavily planted route as I have spent barely any money and everything is thriving.
I like your tank itā€™s cool Iā€™m wanting to do something like that at the moment Iā€™m getting high readings of ammonia Iā€™m doing big water changes every day I didnā€™t feed them for 2 days and it went down but itā€™s bk up again I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong can u give me any advice pls

I like your tank itā€™s cool Iā€™m wanting to do something like that at the moment Iā€™m getting high readings of ammonia Iā€™m doing big water changes every day I didnā€™t feed them for 2 days and it went down but itā€™s bk up again I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong can u give me any advice pls
Hey! This forum is very helpful, but I don't think you'll get the answers you're looking for within someone else's thread. Try starting your own thread and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

could be many things you are doing wrong. I would make a separate post with more info :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back