Introducing Myself

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have been lurking around for about a year and finally decided to make an account. I started my first tank almost a year ago. Now I have quite a few small tanks, and a couple I would put in the medium size category. Most of my tanks have actually been given to me by a friend who used to commercially breed angelfish.

By tank size (largest to smallest) I have WCMMs, a Bristlenose Pleco and Pepper Corydoras in my unheated 29 gallon, GloTetras and a GloShark in my 25, female Guppy fish and zebra nerite in my 20 gallon brackish tank, male Guppy fish with Otos and RCS in a 15 gallon column, a GloBetta with Pygmy Corydoras in a 10 gallon, Ember Tetras with a small female Betta and young RCS in another 10. I had to separate my 3 Flagfish out of my 29 and into my quarantine 5.5 gallon because they were picking on my Pepper Corydoras too much. I also have various Betta fish in divided 10 gallons and one in a 5.5. My last tank is a 30 gallon and is currently empty.

Not being able to go out and about with all of the closures has left me with a lot of free time for the fish.

:fish:Welcome to the forum! :fish:

Wow, thats a nice Resumé you've got there! definitely feeling a bit of jealousy right now haha! Glad you've finally made an account, I'm surprised that you haven't done it sooner, the knowledge here is amazing (which I'm sure you already know).

Again welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
Darn, you’re going to be caught up with me before long. I want some flag fish myself. Look forward to seeing you around the forum! :fish: :hi::fish:
I think the hardest part of keeping my trio of flagfish is that when they go to breed the male gets pretty aggressive, they nipped the WCMM and terrorized the Corydoras. The LFS tried to sell them as hair algae eaters, but they prefer to eat the plants over the algae. None of my brazilian pennywort survived them. What I do love about them is their personality though. Curious little guys, but very tricky to get them in a net!

Hello and welcome to the forum, when you get a chance please post a picture or two of your tanks, it would be appreciated.

Welcome, I suppose your clothes and floor are wet?
Several times over. I did get these nifty almost shoulder length gloves to keep me a little drier. It has gotten to the point where I have several "fish towels" on hand to clean up day to day messes. That is useful when I am tripping over my dog with a bucket full of dirty fish water, bound for the bush next to my porch.

Several times over. I did get these nifty almost shoulder length gloves to keep me a little drier. It has gotten to the point where I have several "fish towels" on hand to clean up day to day messes. That is useful when I am tripping over my dog with a bucket full of dirty fish water, bound for the bush next to my porch.
sounds like a circus! can Narwhals come?

sounds like a circus! can Narwhals come?
All aquatic and semi-aquatic friends are welcome! I partly chose my name as it was given to me by a friend as a part of a school thing, and when my brother visited my apartment he said cleaning the tanks must be a circus. As I use a gravel vac and a couple of buckets to do it all, with the dog getting underfoot because I am spending time with the fish friends and not the fur friends. My Rebel gets jealous and barks when I look at the tanks for too long.

All aquatic and semi-aquatic friends are welcome! I partly chose my name as it was given to me by a friend as a part of a school thing, and when my brother visited my apartment he said cleaning the tanks must be a circus. As I use a gravel vac and a couple of buckets to do it all, with the dog getting underfoot because I am spending time with the fish friends and not the fur friends. My Rebel gets jealous and barks when I look at the tanks for too long.
yeah, kitties give me stink eye, they don't really know what I'm doing because everything is up high right now. I need to make a proper top for one or two of my tanks , and I still need to decide where things will go .
I cant wait till they can see the fishies!

yeah, kitties give me stink eye, they don't really know what I'm doing because everything is up high right now. I need to make a proper top for one or two of my tanks , and I still need to decide where things will go .
I cant wait till they can see the fishies!
I’m the opposite. The cats reaction to fish finally arriving once the silent cycle completes is my main worry. At the moment he’s ignoring it and even sleeps in the same room, I think he believes it’s another TV. As a kitten he attacked the TV the first time he saw a bird on it. David Attenborough got quite a surprise. So that’s a slight concern.
Its 41.5 inches above the floor and I’ve built a floating shelf 6 inches above the hood to prevent him jumping up there.
Once the fish are here we wont allow him in the room unaccompanied until we think he can be trusted.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back