Intro

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CarissaT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a little intro. Currently I have one 75g tank with angels, neons, platies, a bristlenose pleco, and a yo-yo loach. It’s planted and fertilized and I use Flourish Excel. Mostly sand substrate (play sand), real driftwood I collected, canister filter with additional circulation pumps in the tank. Lighting is an LED light i bought off Amazon, it would be classified as low/medium light for a planted tank. For plants I have various crypts, Anubias, Java ferns, and a few others that make appearances here and there.

I’ve been involved in freshwater planted and saltwater tanks for about 20 years or so on and off.

Attachments

• BD38A003-3E44-4953-B8B2-623ED47B2050.jpeg
    BD38A003-3E44-4953-B8B2-623ED47B2050.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 32
Welcome to the forum! Tank looks awesome love your crypts! Have you thought about a black background it would really make the greens pop a bit more wood in there would too. Especially if you got some long branches that reached the surface.

Welcome to the forum! Tank looks awesome love your crypts! Have you thought about a black background it would really make the greens pop a bit more wood in there would too. Especially if you got some long branches that reached the surface.
It’s funny I was just thinking the same myself about the background! Actually I had a tall piece of wood in there until last week when it broke off finally. I have to get some more going for sure.

Before and after! Added a dark background, some more driftwood, and also threw in some new Hygrophila difformis and Elodea in the back left corner. I also have some of those long crypts transplanted along the back but they will take a while to grow.

tempImagealpOT7.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back