Internal Parasites?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

noobfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Saw the dwarf gourami yesterday with about a 1.25" white poop hanging out. Swimming and eating fine. Has had some stress lately as I did a large water change 3 days ago and also removed all artificial decor and replaced with natural/live decor, so big change for him. Looked at ordering Flubendazole, but upon reading it seems it harms fish without scales. He lives with a pictus. Do I just remove and treat the gourami in qt? Shouldn't I be treating the whole tank?

If you are deworming fish, you should do all your tanks at the same time to prevent cross contamination.

People in the USA regularly use Flubendazole on their fish and I have not heard of any catfish dying from it. Others might have different experiences, but deworming products are usually pretty safe for fish.

The following link has information about fish doing stringy white poop, and includes deworming fish (section 3).

If you are deworming fish, you should do all your tanks at the same time to prevent cross contamination.

People in the USA regularly use Flubendazole on their fish and I have not heard of any catfish dying from it. Others might have different experiences, but deworming products are usually pretty safe for fish.

The following link has information about fish doing stringy white poop, and includes deworming fish (section 3).
I did read through that, thanks for the article! It was looking at Cloverleaf Absolute Wormer+ and the seller advises that it harms all scale-less fish, including pictus and plecos. Not sure if it's just the brand or what. That was all I could find searching ama*on.

Just got home and he has a normal black/brown poo hanging out 🤷‍♂️

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back