Internal Filters for a Brackish 10 gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SunflowerCrab

Reaction score
Anyone have any internal filter suggestions for a brackish 10 gallon? It's going to be housing fiddler crabs.
I hear aqueon filters are flimsy and can become loud. I was looking at expensive filters, because #materialgworl, maybe there are more affordable and efficient options.

Are you going to have half land and half water in your tank?
GEX has some filters that can be used for this kind of tank.
It's called GEX turtle filter or corner filter I think.
Get the size that can suit your tank volume.

If you are unsure about the filter size, get one that has flow rate of 4-5 times the volume of your tank.

Example: For a 10 gallons tank, get a flow rate of 40-50 gallons per hour or about 160-200 liter per hour.(slightly more or less should be ok though I prefer to have more as the filter will slow down over time due to accumulation of debris/dirt).

Last edited:
Are you going to have half land and half water in your tank?
GEX has some filters that can be used for this kind of tank.
It's called GEX turtle filter or corner filter I think.
Get the size that can suit your tank volume.
If you are unsure about the filter size, get one that has flow rate of 4-5 times the volume of your tank.
Example: For a 10 gallons tank, get a flow rate of 40-50 gallons per hour or about 160-200 liter per hour.(slightly more or less should be ok though I prefer to have more as the filter will slow down over time due to accumulation of debris/dirt).

Yes, I will of course! I will check that out, thanks!

Make sure the filter has a plastic casing because the crabs eat the sponges.

I have a vampire crab tank and a fiddler crab tank. I used an aquaclear in my fiddler crab tank (not a duper big fan) and an Aqua Dream filter in my vampire crab tank. I really love my Aqua Dream filter, even though I have only had it a couple months. Easy maintenance and it comes with a spray bar. Also, cheap!

Make sure the filter has a plastic casing because the crabs eat the sponges.

You are right.
I remember there was once I bought a cheap internal filter which has loose fitting for the plastic casing.
The crab could even pull open the filter. Lol
The internal filter cost me like less than $5 I think.

Most reactions

trending

Back