Interesting Plant Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

techen

Wolf Overlord
Reaction score
Am normally pretty good with my plants however this one has me confused. The plant below I have no idea what it is, Somewhat like cabomba but not quite.

Anyway, The photo shows a green top and a sort of redish top. The red top was hitting the surface of the water before I trimmed it. But the reddish colour makes me believe it was going to turn right? Is this possible with this type of plant? I mean at the surface my hits will be pretty much at full power ontop of his plant? Or is it melting/burning due to the high amount of light at the surface, Any help is awesome.

2014-03-01121540.jpg

Looks like limnophila sessiliflora although I've not seen the red colour before.

Thank you Daize, It is indeed limnophila sessiliflora, Just need to learn what the red part is all about :p

this is a very nice plant indeed and under strong light it will turn reddish but only at the tips, where the light is at its strongest, my guess most likely wrong, is that part may now melt away as its conditions have changed that was one of my problems with the red plants in my old tank looks very healthy and stunning tho good work, i hope it dosnt melt and continues to grow as good as it has done

If it melts I'll just cut off the red parts and hope it will recover, Cheers Z :p

I have this plant and it does turn slightly reddish at the surface but does not rot or die off. It is a fast grower and will take over the tank if you let it.

I've seen a lot of red and bronze-colored ambulias in our stores recently. Don't know if those were dyed or naturally produced though

It does this when the n03 in the tank is a little on the lower side.

A lot of aquascapers will run the n03 on the lower side to get out the reds in plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back