Interesting colors and debris/algae in planted tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I agree that the brown stuff on your plants is likely diatoms. It's common in new tanks and should sort itself out. As Byron mentioned, if you are adding aritifical ammonia in a tank with live plants it can end up killing the plants. So be careful. I see you have floating plants in there and IMO, your tank is probably ready for a fish. The plants will take care of any waste a betta produces.

8 gallons is perfect for a betta and some snails. Depending on the personality of your betta and the availability of hiding spaces, you could potentially have some shrimp in there with him as well. But for some bettas they are just an expensive snack. I've had mixed results with this, it really depends on the individual fish.

Kudos to you for taking the time to get the tank perfect before you add your fish to it. I think it looks really nice, and a betta would be very happy in there.

I agree that the brown stuff on your plants is likely diatoms. It's common in new tanks and should sort itself out. As Byron mentioned, if you are adding aritifical ammonia in a tank with live plants it can end up killing the plants. So be careful. I see you have floating plants in there and IMO, your tank is probably ready for a fish. The plants will take care of any waste a betta produces.

8 gallons is perfect for a betta and some snails. Depending on the personality of your betta and the availability of hiding spaces, you could potentially have some shrimp in there with him as well. But for some bettas they are just an expensive snack. I've had mixed results with this, it really depends on the individual fish.

Kudos to you for taking the time to get the tank perfect before you add your fish to it. I think it looks really nice, and a betta would be very happy in there.
Wow, an informative post and finally someone on a fish forum that is also very kind! Thank you! I appreciate it!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back