Interested in breeding... seriously this time.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They actually shoot out barbs?!? ?

Yes, sadly. I can watch it on the computer downstairs, so I will try to watch it later today. :good:

(I’ll try the net/good method if the method that Co Op didn’t work)

——

I can definitely tell that the one I moved from my 29g to my 20g is much more mature than the original ones. He/she is much bigger and has better color.
They have sharp spines on pectoral and dorsal find but no real barbs that I’m aware of. They can’t even bite.

Ok, definitely won’t do that.

Almost done with school, so hopefully I will be able get them moved over soon. :fish:

@PheonixKingZ
Here is an article written by Ian Fuller himself, he is the leading authority on corydoras catfish.

Please note especially the paragraph about using alder cones and methylene blue. This is needed to prevent fungus spores naturally found within our water. Clean water means nothing

If you want maximum yield of eggs, please give this a read.

Do you have a barb down your back? I believe spines can bend and barbs do not. Correct me if I’m wrong. :)
I mean, the spine meaning vertebrae isn't what we mean we talk about the spine/barbs in a cories fins either, and a lot of barbs are hooked ;)

I think @PheonixKingZ knows what we mean we refer to a cories sharp dorsal and pectoral spines anyway, so we're all just playing semantics. He knows they don't fire them out like a gun :lol:

@PheonixKingZ
Here is an article written by Ian Fuller himself, he is the leading authority on corydoras catfish.

Please note especially the paragraph about using alder cones and methylene blue. This is needed to prevent fungus spores naturally found within our water. Clean water means nothing

If you want maximum yield of eggs, please give this a read.

I’ll give it a read. Also, do they sell methylene blue on Amazon? Or Walmart?

The corys are still hiding; smart little things. Will have to wait until they come out to move them over. :whistle:

Honestly go for alder cones. Cheaper and easy to find, can get a good pack of 50 or so for like less than $10. Look on Amazon for those. I'd pick up Indian almond leaves too.

Ok, here is my updated list:
  • Sponge filter
  • 10g Tetra heater (they don’t carry them on Amazon any more, so I’ll have to check Walmart or PetCo/PetSmart)
  • Indian almond leaves
  • Alder cones
Am I forgetting anything?

Ok, here is my updated list:
  • Sponge filter
  • 10g Tetra heater (they don’t carry them on Amazon any more, so I’ll have to check Walmart or PetCo/PetSmart)
  • Indian almond leaves
  • Alder cones
Am I forgetting anything?
A turkey baster or spare airline tubing to use to clean the substrate the fry are in. Seriously, it's essential kit!

I mean, the spine meaning vertebrae isn't what we mean we talk about the spine/barbs in a cories fins either, and a lot of barbs are hooked ;)

I think @PheonixKingZ knows what we mean we refer to a cories sharp dorsal and pectoral spines anyway, so we're all just playing semantics. He knows they don't fire them out like a gun :lol:
I see tiny rockets flying out. Lol!

A turkey baster or spare airline tubing to use to clean the substrate the fry are in. Seriously, it's essential kit!
Oh yeah. Very good thinking. I have a couple out in my fish room. Hubbie use to freak when he saw me using the basters. Kept telling him the black ones were for fish and the orange one for food. (He hasn’t realized yet that I’m now using the orange one for bbs.) Better buy a new one.
1615243760547.png

Everything everyone else has been telling me, is to move them into the 5g and then once they lay eggs, remove the adults.

Besides, if they were going to breed in the main tank, shouldn't they have already done it by now?
Not what I said. I told you to remove the eggs with your fingernail or credit card and place them in the nursery tank. You can stick them to the side or just let them drop to the bottom. This is my 6th breeding and have always done it this way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back