Input For 75 Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DSNY

Reaction score
Just looking for a little input on a potential 75 gallon stock list. I recently upgraded from a 55 to a 75, with some fish already in the tank so I'm going to be waiting a few weeks before potentially adding any more fish no matter what. The 55 was set up with fish for about 3 months before moving to the 75 and it was fully cycled before adding any fish. Readings are consistently 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia, and <20 nitrate. It's being filtered with a Biowheel 330 (from the 55) and a Biowheel 350 for a turnover of right about 10x per hour. I've got a good amount of driftwood (which is relevant to my stocking), and I do water changes of 30% using half RO water and half conditioned tap water, as my tap water has a higher PH than I'd like without being dangerous (7.4ish) but full RO water changes are kind of expensive. 

Right now in my tank I have:

1 orange severum
1 Jurupari
2 Pictus cats (taken in as a favor to a friend which is why there are only 2 for now)
1 bristlenose pleco
2 madagascar rainbowfish
1 rainbow shark
1 blue gourami

What I'd like to add:
1 Rotkeil Severum OR 1 Geophagus (threadfin or brasiliensis)
1-2 more Pictus Cats
3 more rainbowfish

Right now the Severum is about 5" and the Jurupari is about 4", so the tank looks a little emptier than it will be but I'm having a hard time reconciling that I only have room for 2 larger cichlids in here. Anybody have any thoughts on those potential additions?

The severum is going to be about 6-8 inches, so you have to anticipate what more the severum is going to grow. Also check into how big your other fish are versus how big they will get.

Geo Brasiliensis are demon fish. Very aggressive with other fish and their own kind. I wouldn't recommend from personal experience

Most reactions

trending

Back