Inline Heaters?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Smith 13

Reaction score
Anyone use one? Would this be any good for my 175L attached to Aps 2000 external
http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Hydor_inline_heaters_300w.html

The Hydor inline heater is the best piece of equipment that I have purchased. The first issue is to make sure the filter hoses are the right size for the heater. I'll go do a little googling for ya...

There is one 200 watt with a 1/2" hose fitting and then one with a 5/8" fitting. Just be sure to buy the larger one.

Anyone use one? Would this be any good for my 175L attached to Aps 2000 external
http://www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Hydor_inline_heaters_300w.html

I have these on all my tanks, never any problems, as mentioned above just make sure you get the right size hose connection.

Also that price is about the best iv seen too, for the 300w one. Bargin ( might have to buy 2 of them in advance for my next tank )

Ok just looking and the heater are 12mm or 16mm, now the filter I got says outside 25mm inside 18mm?

Anyone have any ideas? Was going to order one tonight will my 18mm pipes still seal on 16mm heater?

If I'm not mistaken, the 16mm is the internal diameter of the connection hose of the heater, so the out side will be around the 18mm mark, I can't confirm this for sure tho, my heater is hooked up and I can't check for you, but tomorrow I will check the box and see if I'm right and I will post back.

Also, if you did decide to order and it was a little loose, you can use a metal thread tie, I normally use these anyway ( for peace of mind )

I have fit the 5/8" (16mm) 300 watt into 1/2" (12mm) hose. just a 1/8" or 3mm difference.
It took some soaking of the tubing in hot water to soften the hose and some working, but it worked out fine.
The smaller however might not work out on larger hose and could be prone to leaking.

Edit: I looked at the operations manual My link
and it is a off size hose that's for sure. Justin may be right but the 25mm (.98 inch) outside concerns me as the screw down locks should fit slightly over the end of the hose.

hydor end.jpg

I think it will fit fine, and the screw down lock might fit, if not just remove them and buy 2 metal tie straps.

Please read OP
lol, sorry still don't register APS as a filter name. even though they seem to be reasonable filters.

It'll fit. not much more can be said. one of the problems with makers using none standard items. nothing around will fit!

i use a hydor inline 300w attached to a tertatec filter external, both came recommended as use same size piping and they are AMAZING, i have a perfect temp in my tank on both sides as i use a digital thermometre ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back