Inline Diffuser Or Small Powerhead For Co2?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ch4rlie

Moderate Moderating Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Am trying to decide which method would be most effective for dispersing my co2 to spread throughout the tank.

I currently have a Eheim Classic 150 external cannister with a spraybar on a 2.5 foot 20 gal long tank.

And am wondering if using a small powerhead directly above the standard diffuser inside the tank would suck up or blow the co2 directly through the tank at a low level before the co2 outgases at the water surface.

An exasmple of a small powerhead am considering - Eheim Compact 300

Or would getting a inline diffuser work best using the external with spraybar work better?

Just the fact the spray bar is at the water surface and can't work out if the co2 that would come out of this go directly to the water surface before even reaching the plants or would the flow ensure some co2 is spread throughout?

An example of inline diffuse that probably fits the hose of my eheim - Intense Inline Diffuser

Though I am unsure whether the pressure (PSI) from my Eheim 150 is powerful enough to work this particular inline diffuser, that inline I linked say requires a minimum of  30 PSI
confused.gif

hey ch4 long time no talk :) i would totally go with the in-line diffuser they are perfect and I have used them for well many many years now, get the old variant the one that looks like a V, the newer versions are rubbish personally and hugely flawed.

as long as your filter is rated above your tank it will be fine, tbh the PSI shouldn't matter so much as long as you have somewhere to put it inline with your hose, for me i have the diffuser, a inline heater and a UV steriliser so its got a but cramped at the side of my tank but it all works well and keeps the tank clear of equipment has I don't like it inside the tank

Good answer Zik :)

Good to see you back after awhile.

That inline I linked, is that the V type you speak of?
Just checking.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back