Injury on Bristlenose Pleco

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Lauren0142

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Iā€™ve recently noticed this injury/sore on my gold Bristlenose and I have no idea what it is.. I canā€™t find anything online that looks similar so Iā€™m really worried. heā€™s super shy and I barely ever get to see his belly and certainly donā€™t usually get close enough to the tank to get a picture before he shoots off.. so this is the best look I could get. I hope itā€™s good enough for some insight.. he lives in a 20 gallon heavily planted tank with gravel substrate

He is eating and swimming just fine, his whole demeanour hasnā€™t changed at all.

I did just have a small ammonia spike in my tank which Iā€™ve sorted, could it be a burn from that? the other levels are all fine including ammonia now. I also had one of my poor Amano shrimp bite the dust maybe from the spike?!

Iā€™m praying itā€™s not something like a parasite or another nasty because I currently have a dwarf gourami with a suspected ulcer/sore taking his time occupying and being treated in my quarantine tank.. itā€™s a bad time!!!!

Thank you so much for any help anyone can offer. Iā€™m still pretty new to tropical fish so still learning a lot and Iā€™d appreciate as much help and advice as possible!

Attachments

• 1A0D63FA-7952-441C-953F-300955384ECF.jpeg
    1A0D63FA-7952-441C-953F-300955384ECF.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 133
It's not a disease and not contagious.

It could be a burn or scratch. It might be clear skin and the black is part of the intestine showing through the clear skin.

Do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate. Clean the filter, then monitor the fish over the next few weeks.

It's not a disease and not contagious.

It could be a burn or scratch. It might be clear skin and the black is part of the intestine showing through the clear skin.

Do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate. Clean the filter, then monitor the fish over the next few weeks.
Thank you so much!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back