Injured Female

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dragonslady

Reaction score
In my tank I recently added an angelfish to the mix, and I did it with aprehension because I have a group of three female bettas in the tank and I didn't want them to beat up on the tiny angel. Apparently the angel was the bully, I come home from work yesterday to find one of the females with her back scales taken off! I immediately took the angel out, but I'm worried about making my lady betta heal as quickly and comfortably as possible.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to go about this? Medications or isolation perhaps? I don't want to lose this one - all my females are gorgeous and they seem to get along fairly well. Before the angel there were no problems with aggression in the tank.

In my tank I recently added an angelfish to the mix, and I did it with aprehension because I have a group of three female bettas in the tank and I didn't want them to beat up on the tiny angel. Apparently the angel was the bully, I come home from work yesterday to find one of the females with her back scales taken off! I immediately took the angel out, but I'm worried about making my lady betta heal as quickly and comfortably as possible.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to go about this? Medications or isolation perhaps? I don't want to lose this one - all my females are gorgeous and they seem to get along fairly well. Before the angel there were no problems with aggression in the tank.
ohhh!! with the area being freshly attacked i personally use a diluted solution of melafix 1 part dose to 3 parts water. This is a natural product that prevents infections taking place and aids with the healing of the broken area. Do this daily for 5 days and you will see an improvement. Make sure you take out any carbon filters from you filter in order for the medication to work. Some people use pimafix as its the correct dilution for betta but melafix works wonders if diluted. You use this for ripped fins as well.

Thanks so much for the advice! Luckily I already had some Melafix in my emergency stash, so I got that done.

Fingers crossed for my ladies. :unsure: I can't even begin to explain how attached to them I've grown!

Thanks so much for the advice! Luckily I already had some Melafix in my emergency stash, so I got that done.

Fingers crossed for my ladies. :unsure: I can't even begin to explain how attached to them I've grown!
your welcome and good luck :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back