Injured and sick albino cory

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

ShannonBobanen

Reaction score
Hi my neighbors moved and their landlord said they left their fishtank with fish still in it and he was going to dispose of them. ā˜¹ļø
I already have a couple tanks but I couldnā€™t let him do that so I took them. Most of the fish seem healthy except for this poor cory. I put him in a quarantine tank but he looks bad. How should I treat him? He was with a dino bichir so Iā€™m sure he tried to attack him at some point. He has no barbels on one side and a red white and grey sore by his mouth, torn fins, missing an eye, also labored breathing. I fed him some shrimp pellets but I donā€™t think he ate anything.
7AE9E236-755A-4B1C-90C9-A4A6757E0E90.jpeg

Welcome to TFF.

Fresh clean water would be the best thing for this poor fish, but it may be too late for the effort

THANK YOU on behalf of all the rescued fish...how people can just abandon pets is beyond me

Hi my neighbors moved and their landlord said they left their fishtank with fish still in it and he was going to dispose of them. ā˜¹ļø
I already have a couple tanks but I couldnā€™t let him do that so I took them. Most of the fish seem healthy except for this poor cory. I put him in a quarantine tank but he looks bad. How should I treat him? He was with a dino bichir so Iā€™m sure he tried to attack him at some point. He has no barbels on one side and a red white and grey sore by his mouth, torn fins, missing an eye, also labored breathing. I fed him some shrimp pellets but I donā€™t think he ate anything. View attachment 141266
Poor little chap, I think the chance of a full recovery is slim with so much wrong with him , plenty of water changes for a few weeks I think if itā€™s eating not much else can be done

I think it can recover. Id add Indian Almond leaves or Melafix to prevent infection and I'd crumble pellets so it gets easier to eat maybe.
The overall condition isn't to bad and they hare hardy little buggers.

The blue thing looks like a bit of blue plastic or something that has been jammed into the face.

Clean water and a bit of salt (1 heaped tablespoon per 20 litres of water for 2 weeks). Maybe see if the blue thing can be removed.

The blue thing looks like a bit of blue plastic or something that has been jammed into the face.

Clean water and a bit of salt (1 heaped tablespoon per 20 litres of water for 2 weeks). Maybe see if the blue thing can be removed.
Thatā€™s what I thought it was at first but itā€™s fleshy and not hard like plastic.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back