Infusoria

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RikuzaYuzu

Reaction score
Hello,i recently found out the tiny creatures of infusoria,and are interested to cultivate some yo feed my fish,and most places i search they are said to be for fish fry,is it ok for an adult fish to eat them? and what are the ways to cultivate/produce these creature.

Yeh adult fish love them too. I keep a culture of microworms as I find them the easiest to keep.
I know @AbbeysDad keeps all sorts of live feed. If you search this forum for live food under his name, he has provided some guidance on how to grow

Yeh adult fish love them too. I keep a culture of microworms as I find them the easiest to keep.
I know @AbbeysDad keeps all sorts of live feed. If you search this forum for live food under his name, he has provided some guidance on how to grow
Thanks for the info!

I'm into vinegar eels for the fry. I have just started a white worm culture for the larger fish. They're sort of bloodworm size and great to feed the fish to get them in mating condition

Infusoria is super tiny, you need a magnifying glass to see it. It's used for fish fry, only when they're too young to eat bbs. Adult fish don't eat infusoria, atleast in my experience. It's super tiny, even for a small adult fish, like a betta. Infusoria is actually found in every well-established tank, so if adult fish could actually eat it, then you would not even need to feed the fish...

Infusoria is super tiny, you need a magnifying glass to see it. It's used for fish fry, only when they're too young to eat bbs. Adult fish don't eat infusoria, atleast in my experience. It's super tiny, even for a small adult fish, like a betta. Infusoria is actually found in every well-established tank, so if adult fish could actually eat it, then you would not even need to feed the fish...
Many adult fish graze on infusoria....plecos come to mind, as well as corys and otos

Thanks for the advice,i will try to see of my fish eat them,if not then maybe i'll keep it as a pet.

I'm into vinegar eels for the fry. I have just started a white worm culture for the larger fish. They're sort of bloodworm size and great to feed the fish to get them in mating condition
First time hearing them,and they look great! I will try to culture some if i can.

Corydora definitely go crazy after I've thrown some microworms in. They're just about visible but corys find them easy by their usual means of filter feeding

Infusoria naturally occurs on any decaying organic matter. Dried leaves is the best way to increase infusoria especially in fry tanks (any fry). I have raised pygmy cory fry and Farlowella vitatta fry on infusoria simply be covering the substrate with dried oak leaves. Mature fish grazing the leaves will naturally eat the infusoria too. You cannot see it, it is too small, but it is there on organic matter allowed to slowly break down. And fry grow faster when infusoria is encouraged (the dried leaves).

Infusoria naturally occurs on any decaying organic matter. Dried leaves is the best way to increase infusoria especially in fry tanks (any fry). I have raised pygmy cory fry and Farlowella vitatta fry on infusoria simply be covering the substrate with dried oak leaves. Mature fish grazing the leaves will naturally eat the infusoria too. You cannot see it, it is too small, but it is there on organic matter allowed to slowly break down. And fry grow faster when infusoria is encouraged (the dried leaves).
Thanks for the info!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back