Information needed on Corys

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sandyd

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon that i would like to put some corys in, but want to know as much about them as possible first. I have soft water, hardness 75 is that ok for them or not? I think they are very cute and would like as much info about them as possible before i get them. Sandy

Yes, i did look on the internet for info, ;) but did not locate anything that said they were ok in soft water. It said that they are ok in most types of water and thanks for those links. I also wanted to find out from all of you about them, because you can read info all day, but it is usually better info if it comes from people who actually have them in their tanks. I would think that my soft water would be ok for them, but wanted to get as much info on them beofre getting them. Sandy

;) Hi Sandy, your water is fine for Cories, as long as your tank is mature. Keep Nitrates as low as possible (you should be doing this anyway).
Have a look at Introduction to Cories
They fare best if kept in a small shoal of 6 or more. ;) Mac.

6 may be the best, but you can get at least 3 , but with a 55 gal tank you should eaily be able to get 6??
also get the same breed i was told. i have an albino, a leapord and an emerald and I have gotten a licking on this forum for not having the same breed. but my albino and leopord school together just fine. the emerald is more of a loner, but sits with them sometimes. but the other two are never apart. i dunno. guess it depends on your luck with the fish you have. ;) but i suppose its safest to make sure you get the same? but anyway, they are awsome fish, i have found them to be quite hardy (my emerald had his entire mouth taken off by a blue crayfish and he has done well and its finally almost all grown back after 6 months!) and hilarious to watch (they remind me of dogs for some reason...)! Have fun with them if you do decide to get some and good luck!

Thank you for the posts, i was just making sure. ;) I hve not gotten them yet, but soon i am sure. :D I think they look and act like little doggies, they are too cute. I wanted some of them before, but was unsure how they would do and at the time i was at my overstocked limit. :crazy: I may get a few extra and put in my 10's does anyone know if they are ok with bettas? Sword Fry? Guppy Fry? Dont want to get them hurt, they are too cute. LOL
Sandy

Most reactions

trending

Back