Information about my hobby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

_Pineapple4popsicle

Reaction score
Iā€™m new to aquarium keeping and I rescued my betta fish from a terrible situation. Pineapple is agitated and canā€™t seem to get to the top easily. His bottom seems to sink. I wrote a whole long message but it probably didnā€™t work, Iā€™m not good with this helping forum. Sorry. Iā€™ve had Pineapple since February and never had a fish. Thank you

Iā€™m new to aquarium keeping and I rescued my betta fish from a terrible situation. Pineapple is agitated and canā€™t seem to get to the top easily. His bottom seems to sink. I wrote a whole long message but it probably didnā€™t work, Iā€™m not good with this helping forum. Sorry. Iā€™ve had Pineapple since February and never had a fish. Thank you

Okay so thereā€™s a few things here, Iā€™m gunna fire a load of questions out, please ask if thereā€™s anything you donā€™t understand or donā€™t know the answer to

What size tank is it?
Is the tank fully cycled?
Do you know your water parameters?
What filter are you running ?
What are the tank mates with the betta?
What decoration/ plants are you using?
Are you aerating the tank?

Okay so thereā€™s a few things here, Iā€™m gunna fire a load of questions out, please ask if thereā€™s anything you donā€™t understand or donā€™t know the answer to

What size tank is it?
Is the tank fully cycled?
Do you know your water parameters?
What filter are you running ?
What are the tank mates with the betta?
What decoration/ plants are you using?
Are you aerating the tank?
Did the first post I thought worked show up?

I'm afraid to say it doesn't sound good for poor Pineapple. I had one do just like you describe and he perished within a couple weeks. Not a thing you can do. Watch him and take care of him. Make his days pleasant. He will appreciate that and you will not have to feel like you let him down.

I'm afraid to say it doesn't sound good for poor Pineapple. I had one do just like you describe and he perished within a couple weeks. Not a thing you can do. Watch him and take care of him. Make his days pleasant. He will appreciate that and you will not have to feel like you let him down.
Do you think he can have parasites or something? I heard that they can become constipated. He was completely fine and about a week ago he changed. Idk šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Do you think he can have parasites or something? I heard that they can become constipated. He was completely fine and about a week ago he changed. Idk šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Yes he could have parasites. He could also have a swim bladder problem or a thing called dropsy. Not really sure what that is for certain but it's bad. Fish get all kinds of little ailments that will bewilder the dickens out of you and there ain't a thing you can do in most cases. And then there's the other side of the coin. Lots of times your fish will live for two to five years and even longer with some cichlids. They will be healthy and vigorous and fun to have but you will get the occasional weak one that just can't hang on. Not your fault , just the way it is. If you lose him don't get all bummed out and think you've failed. It happens to us all.

Yes he could have parasites. He could also have a swim bladder problem or a thing called dropsy. Not really sure what that is for certain but it's bad. Fish get all kinds of little ailments that will bewilder the dickens out of you and there ain't a thing you can do in most cases. And then there's the other side of the coin. Lots of times your fish will live for two to five years and even longer with some cichlids. They will be healthy and vigorous and fun to have but you will get the occasional weak one that just can't hang on. Not your fault , just the way it is. If you lose him don't get all bummed out and think you've failed. It happens to us all.
Well I bought some stuff for parasites so I might try that. Otherwise I donā€™t know what else to do. His situation was pretty bad when I got him. Bummer thoā€¦

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back