Indigestion Or Parasite?

Little Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I fed my F8s some ghost shrimps 4 weeks ago. I did not actually see the 4 shrimps got consumed but they vanished within 24 hours upon entering the tank. One of my F8s showed a full stomach and the belly was not exactly round, it seemed to protrude more from the right. The bellies of the other 2 looked flat so I assumed he/she got all the shrimps. However, it has been 4 weeks and the strange bulge is still here. The puffer is about 2 inches in length. He/she looks normal, eats normal, and always chase the other 2 away from his/her territory during feeding time. As far as I can tell he/she is in perfect health (and with an attitude :)) Do you think my puffer have internal parasites or just a case of indigestion?

After a water change and slight increase of SG from 1.005 to 1.006, the bulge in the belly subsided. The increase in salinity was not intended as any kind of remedy but just the last phase of my plan to take the tank to SG 1.006. Was it indigestion or parasite? Does the extra salt help or just a coincident? I have more questions than answers. :/

After a water change and slight increase of SG from 1.005 to 1.006, the bulge in the belly subsided. The increase in salinity was not intended as any kind of remedy but just the last phase of my plan to take the tank to SG 1.006. Was it indigestion or parasite? Does the extra salt help or just a coincident? I have more questions than answers. :/

Hhhmmm not sure... I would soak his food in garlic just incase.

Hhhmmm not sure... I would soak his food in garlic just incase.

Fresh garlic or the extracts that they sell in the LFS? Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back