Indian Almond Leafs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

5teady_2012

Here to help
Reaction score
Do i just drop this in my bettas breeding tank, and will he make a bubble nest under them?

I've just added my first indian almond leaves to Odin's tank today, he's not much of a bubble nester but these things have him blowing loads underneath them :)
Yeah just pop one or two on the surface!

How long can you leave IAL's in the tank for, or can you leave them to fully disintergrate?

i remove mine after each waterchange so i leave them in for roughly 2-3 days....

that's probably ok to leave it in for breeding, for obvious reasons you can't take it out while the nest is being needed! :rolleyes:

iv heard thye take about a month to disintegrate to the point they are of no more use. ive also heard you can overdose on them, one 8" leaf will treat up 30 litres is what ive read. anymore can have a negative effect.
what i guess should be remembered is that the tannins in these leaves that affect the water, are in actual fact poisons, desigend to prevent animals from eating them. too much tannins will make the water unihabitable.
i guess it would take alot to overdose your fish but id be wary of the number of leaves you have in your water.

iv heard thye take about a month to disintegrate to the point they are of no more use. ive also heard you can overdose on them, one 8" leaf will treat up 30 litres is what ive read. anymore can have a negative effect.
what i guess should be remembered is that the tannins in these leaves that affect the water, are in actual fact poisons, desigend to prevent animals from eating them. too much tannins will make the water unihabitable.
i guess it would take alot to overdose your fish but id be wary of the number of leaves you have in your water.
you're right there I've read from the seller i bought mine off on ebay 1 big leaf to every 25 litres, I have one big one and a brokencouple of bits of another big one in my 55 litre tank atm :)
might go video odin blowing bubbles in a mo....it's soothing :good:

Most reactions

Back