Inbreeding Convicts?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Zagggon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it okay to breed the father of a spawn with one of his daughters? cuzz they getting ready

inbreeding is never a good thing for any creature. the offspring will be weaker and more disease prone. also, any genetic disabilities (or whatever it'd be called) which the father had and then passed onto his daughter would only be accentuated in the offspring of that father and daughter.

okay well i cant really stop em until i can find a petshop that will take the fry so ill just have to hope for the best, thanks for the info tho :good:

edit although actually the male is my pristine bull and he is really flawless so maybe it will be okay

Not nessiserily, no matter how nice a fish, they can all carry problems in their genetic code. Breeding two blood relatives together will result in a much much higher chance of a problem occuring, like a genetically inherited disease (if fish can get them that is).
I would not advise it.

You just shouldnt do it. Its destroying the aquarium trade, look at all the crap quality Betta's, weak blooded Blue Acara's, Rams, Firemouths etc.

If you cant stop it for now, then too bad, but i wouldnt try doing much with the fry.

Well they do it with livebearers to create a quality fish. But cichlids are another thing. If a human bred with his sister, the baby would have to be put down, but with cichlids. Im not sure. Im sure it happens all the time from not being seprated.

I might try it with my convivts. But never fear as the babys wind up as food for my angels anyway.

as long as they look fine, no abnormality's then their offspring should be fine. i'm breeding rams and they are brother and sister but i picket the best male and female and sold the rest

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back