In your own opinion what is the best food to use for tropical fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Flake food, doesn't matter about the brand what one has another hasn't. Then Algae discs doesn't matter about the brand they are all basically the same. Then frozen food Blood worms: fish love them.

So, after looking at Amazon I saw A TON of different fish foods and its overwhelming. I would do frozen bloodworms but I dont really know how to store it or clean the container I keep it in... So hopefully there is a dried food or something like that out there that is very healthy for fish.
HI there. I bought frozen blood worms & brine shrimp cubes at the local pet shop & keep them in the freezer with my food. They came nicely packaged in cubes & a cardboard sleeve.

Saw tons of food on Amazon as well. Inadvertently ordered 2 big bags of algae wafers (meant to get one) & no one likes them! The goldfish are slowly pecking away at one wafer.

I personally am a fan of Omega one. It’s meal free and really nutritious. The color enhancing formula is really good for tropical fish.

I use omega one color enhancing and Hikarai fancy guppy formula as the staples for my livebearer tank plus some occasional frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp or bloodworms. Everyone looks amazing, so I’m really liking this diet for them.

I personally am a fan of Omega one. It’s meal free and really nutritious. The color enhancing formula is really good for tropical fish.

I use omega one color enhancing and Hikarai fancy guppy formula as the staples for my livebearer tank plus some occasional frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp or bloodworms. Everyone looks amazing, so I’m really liking this diet for them.
Ok! Thats probably what I'm gonna be doing. Omega one and then frozen foods once a week

I have seen color enhancing foods but have no idea what to make of them

I have seen color enhancing foods but have no idea what to make of them
Color enhancing foods are usually just high fat and protein, high omega 3 and often have krill and extra beta carotene added to make fish really colorful. I like it because it’s super nutritious and great for color and growth.

Thanks, will try it. Looks like previous post to you failed on this topic

I personally have been feeding all my fish Fluval Bug Bites flake food, which currently are cherry barbs and tetras and 2 male bettas. I also feed my cherry barbs Hikari Vibra bites. The Vibra Bites did didn't work well the other fish since it sinks somewhat quickly an they won't really feed off the bottom. I feed live baby brine shrimp once or twice a week as a treat and to fatten everybody up. I got a little carried away with the Cherry Barbs and had an algae outbreak from over feeding all the things but it's under control after I scaled back quite a bit.

Hmmm

i feed tetra now, not the best, i know, once i run out I'll feed a more 'natual' food, like bug bites or freeze-dried or frozen or something

I personally have been feeding all my fish Fluval Bug Bites flake food, which currently are cherry barbs and tetras and 2 male bettas. I also feed my cherry barbs Hikari Vibra bites. The Vibra Bites did didn't work well the other fish since it sinks somewhat quickly an they won't really feed off the bottom. I feed live baby brine shrimp once or twice a week as a treat and to fatten everybody up. I got a little carried away with the Cherry Barbs and had an algae outbreak from over feeding all the things but it's under control after I scaled back quite a bit.
My fosh love those! fed along with many other foods.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back