In-Tank refugium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TBLightningFan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can 50/50 bulbs be sufficient enough to support an intank refugium? If not I have glass tops so I could get a small fixture to dedicate to the refugium. What macroalgae would you reccomend putting in it? (A example picture is below) What else would need to go in it?

Can the algae "get out" and sprount in the main tank? Even if it sprouted in the main tank, I'm sure my Tang and Angels would eat it up in a heartbeat. :D

Any ideas on this?

Attachments

• 12516135.jpg
    12516135.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 68
My idea would be to save some major cash and get a devider. bits of algea may spread beyond your refuge depending on the type but your tang will eat it before it can take root

This one I have pictured was only 29 dollars. A divider is a good idea but it could be a hassle to put in though.

Chaeto is a good macro. I would go wth a hang on back refugium though, the in tank ones get kinda unsightly. a 50/50 bulb is not ideal, but would still probably make things grow. It is 10,00k/actinic or is it 6500k/actinic? The closer you can get to the more yellow side of things (from 4000k-7000k) your macro algae with be happy and grow which means exportation of phosphates and nitrates.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back