I'm The Biggest Idiot Ever

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ron Jeremy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Long story short, the top of my tank (above the water line) has a lip. Condensation gathered on it, and pooled in one corner. This was dripping, so I dried it and sealed it with b&q silicon all purpose sealer.

I thought it was dry, but it must not have been. Now it's had condensation on, it's gone soft and dripped I to the water. The tank is like milk :(

So, will I get away with a water change or is it a case of everything out and a good scrub?

I have no fish, I'm cycling.

Long story short, the top of my tank (above the water line) has a lip. Condensation gathered on it, and pooled in one corner. This was dripping, so I dried it and sealed it with b&q silicon all purpose sealer.

I thought it was dry, but it must not have been. Now it's had condensation on, it's gone soft and dripped I to the water. The tank is like milk :(

So, will I get away with a water change or is it a case of everything out and a good scrub?

I have no fish, I'm cycling.
Its probably okay just mite have to take everything out clean it and fill back up with new clean water and add ammonia again

Unless the silicone you used stated that it was suitable for aquatic use, you're likely to have problems. Normally so-called all-purpose sealant has anti-fungas ingredients in it, which makes it unsafe for aquatic use, and is probably water resistant as opposed to water proof.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back