I'm Out Of The Reef Keeping Business

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from spring break, came in to see my tank walls covered in a thick brown film, I had the tank set up to take care of itself pretty well, a CUC that Nav would have considered large, Clams and filter feeders and lots of light, but the abmient temperature in my room rose to about 80 while I was away, so my lights boiled the tank, lost about 600 dollars worth of live stock. Iwill keep my tank going, I'm thinking about trying out bobtails or S. bandesis or maybe sea horses, but no more cnidarians, well, maybe get some Gsp and let them take over the tank, but nothing of any value.

Ouch, thats not the best way to end a vaction. Sorry for your loss man :X

Sorry to hear that (sigh). I hope you'll rebound and come back. You've contributed a lot here. SH

Oh I'll still be around here, if I manage to get my hands on some cuttle eggs I'm sure as shooting going to document the entire process.

Ouch, that sucks. Something similar to this happened to me last christmas, I was in Hawaii so naturally the fish were all very very cheap at the fishstore so I bought about $100 of fish there (when I added it up to costs at liveaquaria it was over $250 worth fish). Unfortunately my nitrates had spiked to 60 somehow while I was gone. I think it was probably over feeding, All the fish I had bought died.

:no: Bummer Opcn. Thats awful. Hopefully you will find htose cuttle eggs. Interesting to hear how you would go with them. :thumbs: Keep going.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back