Im legally changing my name....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

When I first saw your post, I thought that you were a dude (based on your profile photo), wanting a girl's name.
I wasn't sure how to respond.
Unless you really are a dude, in which case- well, that's cool, too.
Not a dude lol. Just a Casey Affleck fan. Watch Manchester by the Sea. Amazing fantstic movie

My first name was unusual at that time - not many Tania s in the UK in the '60s. Then I went to university and there were 3 of us! In the end it was 'big Tania', 'little Tania' and 'CND Tania' (because of my CND earrings).
LOL YES! My sis in laws name is Maria and its confusing as heck

I just assumed you were changing gender. A guy I've known for over 20 yrs (my husband actually hired him and both of them were brilliant - but my husband passed away 3 or so years ago and Brian - now "Allison" is doing contract work and trying to raise a rather confused son right now It will all work out). He is looking like quite a different person - and this low-key almost depressed person has come out of his/her shell and is just delighted with living life as a woman. Total shock to me but he is so happy and outgoing - it completely changed his personality. Even if it's not gender reassignment I'd just go with Raven - it sounds the most Gender neutral and pretty cool.

I just assumed you were changing gender. A guy I've known for over 20 yrs (my husband actually hired him and both of them were brilliant - but my husband passed away 3 or so years ago and Brian - now "Allison" is doing contract work and trying to raise a rather confused son right now It will all work out). He is looking like quite a different person - and this low-key almost depressed person has come out of his/her shell and is just delighted with living life as a woman. Total shock to me but he is so happy and outgoing - it completely changed his personality. Even if it's not gender reassignment I'd just go with Raven - it sounds the most Gender neutral and pretty cool.
no nO NO NO!! I just am changing my name because I loath it. I've actually wanted to do this for quite awhile. I am most definitly a girl and staying a girl lol

You guys clearly never know what naming like in my country...

They often name people English swear words, dogs, cats, animal name and even english word you don't know what it means :/

My Thai nick name is Son, and it sounds rediculous once you know the meaning of it right?

You guys clearly never know what naming like in my country...

They often name people English swear words, dogs, cats, animal name and even english word you don't know what it means :/

My Thai nick name is Son, and it sounds rediculous once you know the meaning of it right?
It'd be much more confusing if it was Daughter!

Yep, it's a risky thing giving someone a name in an unfamiliar language. Tim Cahill, one of my favorite writers, once told a story ("This Teeming Ark") about, among other things, a man he met in the Congo named "God." The man is apologetic about his name, explaining that his father heard white missionaries talking with great reverence about this person named God, and thought it would be a fitting name for his firstborn son. Lots of silly puns ensue, of course.

No name is worse than "Ima Hogg."

Yes, she was a real woman (philanthropist), and you can visit the Ima Hogg Mansion in Houston. 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

There was a building company locally called something like, “Heads Builders” and the man that owned it was called Richard….

The shortened version of Richard was (probably not now) “Dick”…how about that for an unfortunate name paring ..? 😳😂

My father knew a guy whos name was Bill Butt. What a horrible name.
One of the guys at the dog park knew a girl called Claire Heather Fareweather.

One of the guys at school was called Eric Hunt. If you say his name quickly it sounds kinda rude. He used to get picked on a lot because of his name. Mind you, so did most of us.

I new a woman called Mary Christmas. She changed her name to that when she got married!!. I am not going to tell you my name but it is not much better than Bill Butt. People have always laughed at it, you just kind of get use to it. It only bothers me when I go to a bank or somewhere like that and the person behind the counter is laughing so much they won't take you seriously.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back