Im legally changing my name....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

First, I haven't read the whole thread. I mean, as far as I know, you aren't a fish!

I'd suggest you check the US census section on names by year. There are fashions, and I once taught a class with 5 guys with one name and 7 women with another. It was a little confusing and complex when I wanted to address one person and six more turned their heads. It's always good to check to see if you are looking at a name that a lot of other people suddenly have. I say that as a just after the boomers "Gary". There were 3 of us in my elementary class, but in my entire teaching career, I never had one in my class. I'm really out of fashion, and sooo mid century.

Many parents have told me of wonderful, distinct names they've chosen, only for the kid to later discover it was the number one name for their age group across their country.
And teachers children always have invented names to avoid this scenario. Or to avoid the risk of their offspring turning out like 'that' Jane, John etc. from their class 😂

Just thought I'd share this because its exciting and funny. I am legally changing my name. I CANNOT stand the one I have now. So I am closing this chapter of my life and moving on. Giving it a 3 month trial period then I will file. But I am actually looking forward to it.
I have several ideas, just trying to finalize my decision and find the name I feel the most comfortable with. Erin is my number one choice, but I have a lot of love for the following, Mia, Delaney, Kaia, and Raven. Thoughts?
Mia is nice. I like that name

Do you pronounce it Marry or Maree? You could always change the pronunciation, though I suppose getting other people to use it would be the problem.

I used to hate my name, not because of what it was but because it was the most common girl's name for babies born in the early 1950s. There were just so many Susans when I was at school - there were even 4 of us out of about 30 people working in the same department as me, and half of my co-workers were male, and three out of the eight female students in my chemistry class at university were Susans.
Same here. My last school had a small faculty and four Susans (Sue also). Growing up I was Susie, then Sue, Finally as an adult Susan is what I go by. I feel like I grew into it.

Most reactions

trending

Back