I'm leaving this forum.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I went vegan for like 3 years because I didn't like the way animals are treated on a large scale, not to mention the several negative impacts eating to much meat has on your body. It's also really bad for the enviroment.
Sure, eating to much of anything is bad for you. But that doesn't mean that you can't eat meat. I mean, I get it, some people like animals, I do to. But as long as the intention of the killing the animal is just, then I believe in it.

I went vegan for like 3 years because I didn't like the way animals are treated on a large scale, not to mention the several negative impacts eating to much meat has on your body. It's also really bad for the enviroment.
I can respect that. I did vegan for a while (for my wife's health) and it was really, really hard! So I really respect people who have the will power to do it long-term.

Sure, eating to much of anything is bad for you. But that doesn't mean that you can't eat meat. I mean, I get it, some people like animals, I do to. But as long as the intention of the killing the animal is just, then I believe in it.
I agree, but humans originally ate meat like twice a week tops and now it's a staple in all 3 meals. I agree tho, meat is super important in your diet and it can taste amazing :).

I agree, but humans originally ate meat like twice a week tops and now it's a staple in all 3 meals. I agree tho, meat is super important in your diet and it can taste amazing :).
Didn’t know that!

You see people posed in photos with like a dead Giraffe - who would kill such an innocent, harmless creature? My guess is they didn’t even ate it. Just got someone to stuff it for them and sent it back home to their trophy room. It’s sad some of the stuff you see.

Now if you are shooting a deer or rabbit for meat, and you take as much off of it as possible, then it’s ok in my eyes. Killing for food/survival is ok, killing for sport, is not.

Well, that depends on the culture. Many native American and African tribes traditionally lived on an almost all-meat diet.

@PheonixKingZ Most African safaris donate excess meat (whatever isn't eaten in camp) to local villages. In most African countries it's illegal to waste wild meat, just like in the USA.

There are other reasons to kill animals other than for meat or survival. Culling out certain animals is not only humane but necessary for local wildlife survival. Invasive species like phytons and other types of large snakes that have been released by their owners in the past have invaded parts of Florida. If these are not culled out the large snakes will kill the local indigenous wildlife and take over those areas. Invasive wild hogs must be culled out. If left to nature in some places of the country, wild deer will overpopulate, causing all kinds of problems. Invasive species of fish released in areas where they endanger the local fish populations, the list goes on.

There are other reasons to kill animals other than for meat or survival. Culling out certain animals is not only humane but necessary for local wildlife survival. Invasive species like phytons and other types of large snakes that have been released by their owners in the past have invaded parts of Florida. If these are not culled out the large snakes will kill the local indigenous wildlife and take over those areas. Invasive wild hogs must be culled out. If left to nature in some places of the country, wild deer will overpopulate, causing all kinds of problems. Invasive species of fish released in areas where they endanger the local fish populations, the list goes on.
Just like culling Lion Fish in the ocean.

Well, that depends on the culture. Many native American and African tribes traditionally lived on an almost all-meat diet.

@PheonixKingZ Most African safaris donate excess meat (whatever isn't eaten in camp) to local villages. In most African countries it's illegal to waste wild meat, just like in the USA.
It’s still sad to see they killed it with a bow and arrow. :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back