I'm half-thinking of getting a bristle nose pleco . . .

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I guess I’m still confused as to what you’re saying?

You need to feed your Nerite snails separately, or somewhere that the pleco can’t get to the food. I have a special spot in my tank that I put the pellets for my nerite. She will go there when she is hungry, she has learned to. :)
I try to, issue is that I’ve had fish get stuck in tight places before so I’m wary of putting food in areas where some fish won’t be able to reach. I guess it also depends on the size of the tank.. in a 55g it’s tricky to place any food before other fish get to it. Don’t get me wrong.. I try to feed my nerites wafers and pellets but with corys and a pleco it gets difficult.

I wish I could get my nerite to go to a specific spot, it would be a lot easier! :) There’s a spot on the top of rock where most of the corys avoid (to high up) where I could put it. Problem is, the filter knocks around the pellets and wafers, so I’m not sure how I could get the wafer to land in a specific spot? Do you ever have this issue?

I try to, issue is that I’ve had fish get stuck in tight places before so I’m wary of putting food in areas where some fish won’t be able to reach. I guess it also depends on the size of the tank.. in a 55g it’s tricky to place any food before other fish get to it. Don’t get me wrong.. I try to feed my nerites wafers and pellets but with corys and a pleco it gets difficult.

I wish I could get my nerite to go to a specific spot, it would be a lot easier! :) There’s a spot on the top of rock where most of the corys avoid (to high up) where I could put it. Problem is, the filter knocks around the pellets and wafers, so I’m not sure how I could get the wafer to land in a specific spot? Do you ever have this issue?
I use AquaScaping tweezers to place my wafers/food.

A 55g tank would definitely be more hard than a 29g... :)

I use AquaScaping tweezers to place my wafers/food.

A 55g tank would definitely be more hard than a 29g... :)
I could try that, maybe I could try to find an extra long pair? If I do I’ll try that out and see how it works :)

I could try that, maybe I could try to find an extra long pair? If I do I’ll try that out and see how it works :)
No need to find an extra long pair, just stick your hand slightly in the tank while holding the tweezers - you can get close enough to the substrate to drop it in. It may drift a little, but it will be close enough. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back