Im Going To Change To Sand Unless Anyone Thinks I Shouldnt?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ebrcknrdg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a planted tank and i think sand looks alot nicer than the gravel ive got now. Im going up town in a hour so im going to get some play sand from argos, unless anyone thinks its not advisable with plants. Ive seen lots of planted tank with sand though so surely its ok for the plants?

I have a planted tank and i think sand looks alot nicer than the gavel ive got now. Im going up town in a hour so im going to get some play sand from argos, unless anyone thinks its not advisable with plants. Ive seen lots of planted tank with sand though so surely its ok for the plants?

sand is fine with plants but not without anything underneath it.

as long as you have some sort of nutrients underneath it will be fine !

I have a planted tank and i think sand looks alot nicer than the gavel ive got now. Im going up town in a hour so im going to get some play sand from argos, unless anyone thinks its not advisable with plants. Ive seen lots of planted tank with sand though so surely its ok for the plants?

Yeah i have tetra comlete substrate, so play sand it is then! How much will i need for a 81 x 36 x 50cm Rio 125L. They come in 15KG bags and i only want about a 2 cm covering

I bought one bag of Argos playsand for my 120l, which was just about enough, but I only used a minimal amount of laterite with it.

I think that it is only Argos Extra that sell the sand.

Dave.

Yeah i have tetra comlete substrate, so play sand it is then! How much will i need for a 81 x 36 x 50cm Rio 125L. They come in 15KG bags and i only want about a 2 cm covering

not sure how much you would need !

as long as it holds the tetra complete down it should be fine :)

I bought one bag of Argos playsand for my 120l, which was just about enough, but I only used a minimal amount of laterite with it.

I think that it is only Argos Extra that sell the sand.

Dave.

My Argos isn't an extra and i got my sand from it :)

Sand is much nicer then gravel so worth the change.

Well i ended up in homebase instead and had to choose between play sand or silver sand. Couldnt remember if what i read about silver sand was recommending it or advising against it, so i got the play sand. There wasnt anything on to say how big the bag was but i had trouble picking it up. Its pretty huge so i just got the one for £4.50. Also ended up in Currys and bought a 10MP camera oops lol. Least i can take good pics of my tank and fish now!

Well i ended up in homebase instead and had to choose between play sand or silver sand. Couldnt remember if what i read about silver sand was recommending it or advising against it, so i got the play sand. There wasnt anything on to say how big the bag was but i had trouble picking it up. Its pretty huge so i just got the one for £4.50. Also ended up in Currys and bought a 10MP camera oops lol. Least i can take good pics of my tank and fish now!

LOL. You are soooo random! Well send us a pic of the tank with your new camera and lets see the results!

Im a typical woman ey? You havent heard the best bit yet.....went into Next for the half price sale, changing rooms shut so i buy everything i like in two sizes :S

Will take pics tonight when its dark!

Im a typical woman ey? You havent heard the best bit yet.....went into Next for the half price sale, changing rooms shut so i buy everything i like in two sizes :S

was it all of the Next shops having half price sales ?

i went to the one in oxford in the morning n brought some new jeans n t-shirt before i went to work :D

it made me late to but hey you can never have to many clothes :D

Yup, deffinately like my mate. Although she is wierd and actually pays for my drinks and i need to steal her credit card before i can get the round in myself :p

was it all of the Next shops having half price sales ?

i went to the one in oxford in the morning n brought some new jeans n t-shirt before i went to work :D

it made me late to but hey you can never have to many clothes :D

Yeh i presume it is all of them. I had new white jeans, a new top and a jacket for £40 :D

Yup, deffinately like my mate. Although she is wierd and actually pays for my drinks and i need to steal her credit card before i can get the round in myself :p

Wierd? lol dont complain

Pics of the tank or you in the new clothes? ;)

I was thinking the same NRY. lol

Naughty boys we all are. I can see what you're picturing in your mind. lol :blush:

andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back