Im getting another tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Phreaxer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
AS some of you know, I have only been at this hobby for... Well, I just started, how about that.? I am going to be getting a 2.5 gallon tank and putting a beta in it at my work, and I was talking with a co -workrt about it and he said that he has a 10 gallon tank that he doesnt want, and he offered it to me. I had to check with my wife, but she said it was fine, so I am going to be getting a tank for home too! I am pretty stoked about that. I just don't know what I am going to put in it... :p

I need something hearty, as to tolerate the mistakes I am going to make, and my wife says, “it has to be pretty” :lol: so I need a good looking strong fish... Any suggestions would be much appreciated....

Blue (Three spot) gourami. They are very pretty and they are also very hardy. May become a bit mean to other fish for a while, but will eventually get over it.

There are some dwarf gouramis that are pretty as well. I'm not a big fan of swordtails but yesterday i saw the brightest neon color of red on these swordtails. Very impressive.

Hardy and "pretty" really narrows it down, especially when everyone defines "pretty" differently. I think all my fish are pretty, except my corys, which are "cute", but non-fish people are often harder to impress. :p

Blue gouramis are pretty, but grow a little bigger than you might want in a ten gallon (4"??). Dwarf gouramis are also pretty, especially some of the red varieties (you can probably mix varieties) and have a lot of personality.

Swordtails may not be the best choice, again, for size concerns, but there are some remarkably beautiful mollies (like the silver lyretail) and platies are usually very bright colors like yellow, orange and red. :wub:

Lots of tetras are hardy, as are many barbs and raspboras, but that really gets too difficult to generalize, and it is a matter of personal taste which ones are pretty.

I have a male krib I think is very attractive, and the females are prettier yet. Many aquarists do classify the krib as a good beginner fish, but do some research as you have to be careful about putting more than one in such a small tank.

HTH

thank you for your replies. I will definately look into the types of fish named to see which one suits my scenario best.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back