I'm done

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Whatever happened to the saltwater tank?
Ok, so I sold all the coral because I didn't have time to manage it, and because I thought I would be moving. Turns out my dad got fired from his new job, so we are staying in KY. Long story, but my dad did nothing wrong. His boss never even gave him a reason why he fired him. So now we have an expenise house down in SC that still hasn't sold yet.

Also sold the majority of my fish because of the move, but we didn't end up moving. Just too much maintenance in all the insane hassle we were in.

I think I'm done with the whole fishkeeping hobby. I rescued my first reptile and am liking it a whole lot more. I've also found that I can't really afford to take optimal care of a tank, just started high school and I have very demanding classes and so little time. I think I'll stick around the forum though. On a more positive note my family plans to move more rural, I'm on board with the idea because I will finally have my own sense of privacy (I was promised a tiny home and greenhouse) and I'm currently building a tortoise enclosure from scratch.
Just started high school too. I've heard from many people the first year would be very hard, but it's been like 5 weeks in and it has been really relaxing.
I've always wanted a greenhouse! what are you going to keep in the greenhouse?

X1oLUZB-586a4b8214882__700[1].gif

this is the pet I'd get...
but my Maria would probably shoot me if I showed up with a flying rat named "Sugar Glider" :p

I think I'm done with the whole fishkeeping hobby. I rescued my first reptile and am liking it a whole lot more. I've also found that I can't really afford to take optimal care of a tank
If you do break down your tanks, hang onto your fish-related gear if you can, for a while at least. Some people will immediately throw out or sell off everything straight away when they break down a tank after getting frustrated with the hobby, but should you change your mind down the line (it happens; you might find spaces that had tanks feel empty without), aquarium equipment just gets more and more expensive every year and stuff that worked before will work again later if it's cleaned well before being put into storage.

If you do break down your tanks, hang onto your fish-related gear if you can, for a while at least. Some people will immediately throw out or sell off everything straight away when they break down a tank after getting frustrated with the hobby, but should you change your mind down the line (it happens; you might find spaces that had tanks feel empty without), aquarium equipment just gets more and more expensive every year and stuff that worked before will work again later if it's cleaned well before being put into storage.
yes, some of my tanks are reptile friendly so I don't see myself getting rid of them anyway :)

Reptiles are okay, I guess. But the fish, the fish.... you'll be back.

If you're young, then you are allowed to make a few lifestyle errors without compromising the essential good fishkeeper deep within. Reptiles are cool mistakes to make.

Rocky may well end up like a medieval Christian monk, living on a rocky (see what I did there...) island off the coast of Scotland in solitude and forums, only contacting the corrupt world to receive large boxes of tropical fish for the tanks he'll keep beneath his cave.
Reptiles are pretty great The fish.... I'll be back

I think I'm done with the whole fishkeeping hobby. I rescued my first reptile and am liking it a whole lot more. I've also found that I can't really afford to take optimal care of a tank, just started high school and I have very demanding classes and so little time. I think I'll stick around the forum though. On a more positive note my family plans to move more rural, I'm on board with the idea because I will finally have my own sense of privacy (I was promised a tiny home and greenhouse) and I'm currently building a tortoise enclosure from scratch.
I'm sorry that you are not going to participate in the fish keeping hobby anymore. I hope that your new hobby will bring you much joy. :)

Sometimes I see the guy who keeps all types of ants in Canada or did until his channel made him enough moola to build a home in the central american jungle. I don't follow all that close..it could be a second home. Anyways,a good use for an old aquarium could be an ant colony.

Sometimes I see the guy who keeps all types of ants in Canada or did until his channel made him enough moola to build a home in the central american jungle. I don't follow all that close..it could be a second home. Anyways,a good use for an old aquarium could be an ant colony.
I thought that guy moved to the Philippines but I haven't seen one of his vids in years,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back