I'm confused.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cat

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I went to a mates friends last night ,(fireworks party).They have a tank with just 3 fish in and a small plec she told me she was going flush them today, her parents said she had get rid of them.
They are only about 1 inch long and pink,so i took them home put them in my tank.Reading all this about dyed fish, what if they are parrots i can't tell they are only small.
People on here make me feel guilty if they are, but if i hadn't took them they would be dead now.

Wondering now if i should have just left them alone. :/
Am I bad keeping them?

no you are not bad for taking them.

they could be pink convicts or jellybean parrotts.

give them a good home :wub:

There are people who disagree with the production of hybrids and dyed fish and people who agree with it. Personally I don't like the idea of it but thats my opinion and it won't stop if from happening. You didn't buy the fish your attempting to save them from almost certain death which is a different matter, your not doing a bad thing, far from it.

You're not bad, Cat! Taking someone else's fish because they were going to flush them is different from you going to the store and buying Parrots. If you're not buying them, you're not increasing the demand for them, which would, in turn, cause them to "make" more Parrots.

Good job for rescuing them! Like Gill said - give 'em a good home (or find a fellow fishkeeper that will, if you don't have the facilities to keep them or don't want to). Good luck :thumbs:

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

Thanx,I'll try get a picture up then one of you might be able to tell me what they are, and i can read up about them, they are beautiful little fish it would have been a shame to flush them away.

Cat my love dont worry Saveing a fish is never wrong, Breeding fish can be wrong but an inhumane death doesnt befit anything.

yeh,atleast you saved it from certain death, in some cases the dye weares off :nod:

btw why didnt you take the tank :hey:

DD :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back