I'm Back

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gazzaeng

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I've just got myself an aqua one 620. I've had tropical before but a while ago now. I currently have a 600l marine tank but wanted to get back to tropical so aswell. I'm still not so good on levels and the technical side but I done ok before this time I want to get into aquascaping more. Hope you can all follow along and help as I'm sure I will need it.

First thing does anyone have any experience with the filter on the 620 as I'm not that impressed with its setup may change it in the futur.

Welcome back! I can't wait to see the new tank!

Hi and welcome!

Is it an AR620? I have an AR620T (130l instead of the 90l). If so, I've found the filter to be okay, pretty easy to clean etc. The only complaint I had was the carbon filter cartridges which I thought were necessary, $20 a set as opposed to $6 for filter wool the same size. And I've been replacing them about every 3 months.

I put the plastic tray in the bottom, the ceramic rings, the black filter stuff, and (now) the wool on top. Apart from a brownish tinge to the water immediately after cleaning (goldfish are dirty little creatures) it clears up in minutes and I've never had a problem with leaking or anything.  The only other complaint is it's such a tall tank on the stand that I have to stretch a bit to reconnect everything.  But al in all I'm pretty hapy, the slight bowfront is also an interesting feature.

Tongue_Flicker said:
Welcome back sir! :D
Thank you kind sir!

Gruntle said:
Hi and welcome!

Is it an AR620? I have an AR620T (130l instead of the 90l). If so, I've found the filter to be okay, pretty easy to clean etc. The only complaint I had was the carbon filter cartridges which I thought were necessary, $20 a set as opposed to $6 for filter wool the same size. And I've been replacing them about every 3 months.

I put the plastic tray in the bottom, the ceramic rings, the black filter stuff, and (now) the wool on top. Apart from a brownish tinge to the water immediately after cleaning (goldfish are dirty little creatures) it clears up in minutes and I've never had a problem with leaking or anything.  The only other complaint is it's such a tall tank on the stand that I have to stretch a bit to reconnect everything.  But al in all I'm pretty hapy, the slight bowfront is also an interesting feature.
I have the ar620. The 90 litre thanks for the help. I definatly agree with you about the order of the filters it's just been setup tonite the way they say but the water isn't even touching the plastic tray in the second compartment so I will put that on the bottom like you. I've got the tank on a drawer unit so it's perfect height for me but I do like the bow front.

I'm new here and will be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard as I am a complete newbie to tropical but welcome back :D 

Marfy said:
I'm new here and will be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard as I am a complete newbie to tropical but welcome back :D
Lol I might be back but doesnt mean I know much more. Welcome yourself and this forum is really good lots of help here.

Yeah everyone seems really friendly here :D

Already had so much help it's amazing 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back