Im addicted to fish already

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So Iā€™m pretty young, not even in high school, and for my birthday this year, my parents let me buy a 10 gal freshwater tank. Itā€™s currently on my dresser. Only like a month later, our family friends gave me their old 5 gallon tank because it was just in their attic. My parents said I could have it as a quarantine tank but I went out and got a betta. Now I have two relatively small tanks (plus a temporary tank for a couple platy fry that are growing up). I still want more though. My dad said the end of 8th grade heā€™ll get me a 55 gal SW reef tank. All my friends think Iā€™m crazy for wanting more but I canā€™t help it. I need more fish. Lol is this normal?

Attachments

• 7DFFB39D-4A47-4C79-983F-6D233C33E895.jpeg
    7DFFB39D-4A47-4C79-983F-6D233C33E895.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 151
You have what we call multiple tank syndrome.. the urge to get more and more tanks. Most of us here have this malady.
PS: be sure to vote in our Pet of the Month contest. Just click on the banner at the top of the forums to view entries and then vote. Nice tanks by the way. Do you have a heater and filter in your tanks?

You have what we call multiple tank syndrome.. the urge to get more and more tanks. Most of us here have this malady.
PS: be sure to vote in our Pet of the Month contest. Just click on the banner at the top of the forums to view entries and then vote. Nice tanks by the way. Do you have a heater and filter in your tanks?
Thanks. Yes I do have filters in both and i have a heater in the 10 gallon. im getting hopefully getting a heater soon in the betta tank, but the thermometer says its at 78 degrees so i dont think it needs one.

Last edited:
I started keeping fish when I was 13, By the time I left high school ( year 13 ) I had 45 tanks in a fish room. It is addictive, but you can't get in to any trouble when you are with your fish.
Yeah, it is addictive. It's a lot more addicitve when you spend you own money and do research rather then getting a goldfish bowl when your five.

Welcome to the hobby. :) MTS is real, but I am living proof that recovery is possible: I'm down to one tank from four a couple years ago.

Nevermind that I'm planning to set up two more soon...

I have always had one tank running at a time. but ive downsized quite a bit. once I get the 20 gallon thats all the farther I go.

I have always had one tank running at a time. but ive downsized quite a bit. once I get the 20 gallon thats all the farther I go.
Thatā€™s what people with MTS all say...ā€just one more tank.. just one more tankā€. and so on and so on...

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

MTS is a very common thing around here!

You are around a lot of young fish keepers (like myself) here at TFF, stick around, you can learn a lot!

You are around a lot of young fish keepers (like myself) here at TFF, stick around, you can learn a lot!
Me too! I'm quite young, compared to most rocks, planets, and certain bristlecone pine trees.

Welcome :hi: I'd a tank at your age but left a lot of upkeep to my mom. Now I'm a mom I have my first tank I'm responsible for. So at 13 you're as responsible as me at 38! Go you :rofl: I actually bought my second tank only 3 months back in! It's a very addictive hobby but relaxing too. Any hobby you zone out in (that staring moment) is good for your brain & mental health.

I'm too scared to go salt water so please do inspire us - you can create a journal in the journal section to update the progress of new tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back