🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF people!

This is my betta, “Blaze”. I have had him for over 5 months now. His water parameters are the following...

ph: 7.4-7.6

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm

Ammonia: 0ppm

These reading are all in order, right?

He used to have a Zebra Danio in his tank (10 gallon tank, owned by him, a male ZD, and a Nerite snail.), so I was thinking it might be his fault. Did he bang his head? Is it hole-in-the-head? Please help me!

You can see he has a little hole in his top fin.
1D8711DA-AEFF-444D-B3CA-D63C76C168B8.jpeg

In this picture, so can see he has scales missing on the top of his head, near his left eye...
9266005F-2074-47A2-9649-6F481704A9EA.jpeg

Thank you for your time! :)

Bettas don't normally get hole in the head disease, and it looks a bit like a bacterial infection.
How long has it had the spots on its head and dorsal fin?

It looks like he has a lump on his anal fin too. This seems to be happening a lot more lately with Bettas and Guppies developing holes and lumps in fins.

You can try anti-biotics but they don't always work and most of the time the fish dies anyway.

Thank you! He also has a lump on both sides, on his bottom fin, is this safe? I just noticed the spots yesterday. :)

If the lump on his anal fin ruptures open, then it is probably bacterial and the fish could die.

But he has no lump on his anal fin..... o_O

there is something on his anal fin, it's blue and black and in both pictures.

Oh! Yes, that is what I was talking about, I didn’t realize that it was on his anal fin! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back