Ill Guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lexusalan1

Reaction score
hi all, just been lokking at my tank and ive noticed that 1 of my guppys tails seems to be dropping apart, it looks all withered and split. i have 4 other guppys and they seem ok. in the tank i also have a few tetra's and some plecs.
can anyone tell me if this is a problem that is common with guppys, could it be that my guppys are getting bullied or could it be a disease that is causing it??? any help would be great so that i can do something about it.

It is most likely that he is being nipped by the other fish in your tank.

Post up your tank stats and we'll see if it's got anything to do with your water quality.
What size is your tank and for how long has it been up and running?
Do any of your other fish shw any of the same symptoms?

i think its aggression.the other guppies might be nipping on his tail..are there any other signs??? like injured fin. is he eating well? does he hang in the corner of the tank alone? anyway if all seems well and the only thing is the torn fin, i would seperate him and place him a a spare tank and treat with melafix..for more infor on hospital tank.look up here http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=128869

hello again, the guppie died, the other fish in the tank are tetras, in a 140l tank, the other guppies seem fine but i will certainly be keeping a close eye on them over the next few days

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back