If you could have one freshwater fish, what would it be?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Northern Pike.

I don’t think OP mentioned tropical freshwater fish, only freshwater.

if I had the setup and sized tank to keep it happy, a pike for sure.

I've always wanted some type of sizable puffer. Not super tiny like a pea puffer but not a monster like a mbu or fahaka either.

Oscars, my dad maintained a tank of these when I was younger. They were so personable, better than the hamster that bit me. And feeding time was always an event, though the cleanup wasn't as much fun.

As far as a favorite fish goes, I think a Bolivian Ram. Rams are so intelligent, they are as interested in me as I am in them, and their feeding habits are adorable. Of course, that is setting aside that they really do better with dither fish so they know everything is safe. A Ram would probably be shyer and hide more all on his lonesome. So maybe in that case it would be more responsible to do a school of Harlequin Rasboras instead, if they had to be the only species in the tank. They school tightly, have lovely coloring, and will display to each other but in a super peaceful way.

As far as a favorite fish goes, I think a Bolivian Ram. Rams are so intelligent, they are as interested in me as I am in them, and their feeding habits are adorable. Of course, that is setting aside that they really do better with dither fish so they know everything is safe. A Ram would probably be shyer and hide more all on his lonesome. So maybe in that case it would be more responsible to do a school of Harlequin Rasboras instead, if they had to be the only species in the tank. They school tightly, have lovely coloring, and will display to each other but in a super peaceful way.
I love them to pieces and all cichlids can definetely communicate in some sort of way which is so cool to see!

Pantadon Butterfly fish
I actually had one of those a couple years back.

...For about a month.

There was only a tiny sliver of an amount of space between the tank hood and the opening for the HOBs to fit through in the back, but that was all it took... Let that be a lesson should you get one someday. :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back