If I gone through the cloudy water stage is my....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilmolly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
If I have gone through the cloudy whitish water stage is my tank done cycling? It stayed like that for about a week and then cleared out. -_-

the cloudy white is usually an indication of the end of a cycled tank. it is called a bacterial bloom. you will need to test the water to make sure that all levels are zeroed out.

maggie

what is the best way of testing the water? Take a sample to the LFC or to buy a kit and 'get used' to testing it myself?
Is there a one kit for all type thing with color charts?

Thanks in advance. :)

jmo, the best way is to test the water yourself. who wants to run up to the lfs every week or so and test the water? i test my water on a continous basis. i test the water before a water change, the replacement water and the water in the tank after the water change. also if you have an emergency and need to figure out what is wrong, i don't like to wait. with 7 tanks running, i think the lfs would dread seeing me! :unsure:

i use the drops. you can get strips also that you dunk in a sample of the water. whichever you choose, make sure that it can test for ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. it is also handy to have a test for hardness. you can pick them up at any lfs or superpets store. make sure that you get the kit for freshwater. there is also one for salt.

maggie

The last time I tested it it was a week ago and the ph was 8.2 which was actually okay for the fish I have in there to help cycle the tank. I haven't lost any fish in this cycle and am very proud ofmyself. :D The last test a did was the last test I had left. I would just buy the same king I had before but all they have is one for $20.00. How long do they last? do you know? like how many tests do they have in them per test? Say 10 tests of nitrite, 10 tests of nitrate, and 10 tests of ph.

depends on the type of test kit and the bottles. mine lasts for about three months. i do not buy the whole test kit over, just the individual bottles when they are gone. you should be able to buy the individual bottles at the same place where you buy the master kit.

maggie

semper fi said:
depends on the type of test kit and the bottles. mine lasts for about three months. i do not buy the whole test kit over, just the individual bottles when they are gone. you should be able to buy the individual bottles at the same place where you buy the master kit.

maggie
do you all mean this is the end of a cycled tank when the water gets cloudy? If so then mine is at the end.Do I need to change water now? Do I leave it alone?Do i put my fish back in it or what I took them out yesterday because the nirate was high and the ammonia was high I got up this morning and the water was cloudy.someone please help me this is driving me crazy trying to get this tank in line.My 10 gallon is over crowded bad it has 4 sharks 3mollies 4 guppies 2 balas sharks and 2 bettas in it they are fighting bad but I dont care if it saves thier lifes and I FORGOT 1 FROG AND 2 PLECOS SO YOU ALL CAN SEE WHY i AM SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE TANK GETTING CYCLED SO FAST

go to the search part of this forum and type in: Cycling a new tank

I just had all of your questions answered for myself about a week or two ago

If your tank has zero'd out and is finished cycling (according to what I have learned on this site by gadazobe) you should change 90% or your water, being sure to leave the rocks covered with water so that the bacteria doesnt die..

hope I was of some help..

hmmm I think this was my first informational post B) (credit really goes to gadazobe :p )

Most reactions

Back