If anyone sees my nerite snail, let me know.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gypsum

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had one nerite snail living in my apistogramma breeding tank, and it has vanished. I've looked under the caves, poked around the plants, took out the sponge filter. No sign of it, not even an empty shell. I can only presume that it's gone walkabout. There is a gap in the lid, so it's concievable that it could escape, although I haven't found it anywhere in the vicinity of the tank.

If you see a striped nerite snail crawling along Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow looking for an open pub, tell it that it won't find one because all the pubs are shut, and send it back.

The snail has been found. It wasn't in Ibiza after all, but behind the table the fish tank sits on, wedged into a gap between the floorboards and the wall. Definitely an inferior holiday destination. We couldn't work out if it was still alive, so it's sitting in a bucket of tank water.

In other news of suicidal invertebrates, one of my cherry shrimp tried crawling into a powerhead today and did not live to tell the tale. I saw it pottering along on the outside of the powerhead in the early afternoon, and I'm annoyed at myself for not chasing it off, although it could have gone back at any point after I left the flat. Looks like it attempted to crawl in one of the holes and got itself fatally stuck.

My next shrimp purchase will be a vampire shrimp. That isn't going to get itself trapped in powerheads.

Most reactions

trending

Back