Identify Fish!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

molitor75

Reaction score
I would post pictures but he rarely comes out when the lights are on and prefers to bury in the gravel or hide in a log. He is a blueish tinge and has very smooth skin looks like he hasn't any scales. He has a pinkish tail and has what looks like very short whiskers. He is about 5 inches in length and i've had him for two years. Any ideas? He bottom feeds when he does come out to play! He's not the daintiest of swimmers either!!

Any ideas??

Like I said I would try getting a photo but it would be almost impossible.

Botia Modesta??

badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile94.html

Sorry, don't know how to put a hyperlink but try going to that page! Very nice fish if it is one of those :good:

Loaf
X

maybe a red tail blue botia?

redtailbotia.jpg

FANTASTIC!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks SO much. Yes he is indeed a Botia Modesta.. He really is gorgeous. He's shy when the light is on but when the light is off he comes out to play and swims around the tank in such a funny fashion, like he is really enjoying himself. He will come out when the light is on, but only if he doesn't hear any noises.

Reading the article it looks like I should have four, otherwise he will exhibit shy behaviour. Unfortunately his mate jumped out of the tank when I was cleaning it about a year ago. I'm not sure if my LFS has any more in, but at least I can ask them if they can order or me some.

Maybe you need to buy another, the reason i say that is because i have 2 of these and they are active all day chasing each other round, they are the most actve fish in my tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back