Ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

StiX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm 'doin-up' my tank at the mo, and am wondering if u guys think that a very fine black gravel with bog wod, quite afew plants, and maybe some big black rounded pebbles would look best with a black background or 1 of those scenic pics with all plants etc or 1 of those senic pics with all rockwork would look best ?

Cheers

!!DaVe!!

quite often a tank looks nicest with just a simple black background :)

True....or maybe i should just leave my 'standard' gravel in ? lol the multi coloures white/brown stuff ?? hmm i dunno :blink:

I've got white and black mix. And dark Blue and white mix in my tanks, I think it looks really nice :)

ah i love the black gravel but have'nt seen any round here, think it makes
the tank look more natural , mines just the plain sort, i'd like sand but dont
want to strip down tank, black backgrounds are nice thats what i use,
seen the coloured gravel yuc think its horrid, thats best left with the divers
sunken ships ext in the shops lol :lol:

i was alwasy told colored gravel should never be used incase any chemicals leeach out, and its not excatly the same color as in the wild, i have some sand in mine for me banjo's but me plec keeps digging a hole there and it goes further down the gravel thou!

ps woohooo! 1000 sorry!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its not the oloured gravel i have, its the natural stuff, u know all different colours white browns greys etc.

I'm not sure weather to get black or not...there 1 places i can get it from, pets at home in little tubs (will cost loads) or the aquatic part of a garden centre which sells it in small bags (not too bad a price)......OR i could get white sand :p

HMmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions.... :p

i have normal gravel cant say i seen black gravel ( must be blind) i would say the aquatic center sand is good but for fish that need it or able to use it in my case lol think the plec saying its his tank lol

yes i've seen tanks with sand used they look realy cool

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back