Ideas to improve my fish tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jean1984

Reaction score
Any ideas to improve my fish tank?

will have seachem phosphorus tomorrow to help my live plants to grow and have 3 sunburst wag platy in my 20 Gallons Fish tank.... Hoping to have my plants grow with it and have my fish feel safer to hide

Attachments

• Aquarium_March_2021.jpg
    Aquarium_March_2021.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 1,666
I love the tank and I can see that hardscape in the back! I recommend moving that big green plant in the middle to the side a bit so the rocks and wood are more visible, or move the rocks and wood forwards a bit and move some plants behind it. Other than that, I can't really say anything else. It will look so good when those live plants start growing and taking up the tank! Its very understocked which is great for the quality of life of the fish. I can't quite tell from the picture but if all of your platys are male, then all of those plants and the rocks will serve as fantastic hiding places to help with aggression. You might want to think about getting a little snail friend to go in there too but that is fully up to you. Most people here will tell you to get a mystery snail and I agree, they are awesome, but I like nerite snails the most personally. They might lay eggs but they won't hatch unless they are in slightly salty water so you will never have to deal with overpopulation. Mystery snail eggs will hatch but they are really easy to spot as they float at the water surface, however I just don't want the risk. But that's all just my opinion, snails aren't necessary at all, unless you want them of course. With all of that aside, best of luck with the tank and I would love to see some progress updates later on! Best wishes, Nele.

Any ideas to improve my fish tank?

will have seachem phosphorus tomorrow to help my live plants to grow and have 3 sunburst wag platy in my 20 Gallons Fish tank.... Hoping to have my plants grow with it and have my fish feel safer to hide
Add a nice piece of drift wood

will have seachem phosphorus tomorrow
You don't need to add phosphorus. Many people use pads in the filter to REMOVE phosphate.

A multi mineral fertiliser is better - Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement or Brightwell MultiFlorin.

Hang on back filter ... that will surely add a difference since you dont have live plants

Here is a little add on to my tank with more Amazon Sword plant in my fish tank :)

Attachments

• March_07.jpg
    March_07.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 46
  • March_07_1.jpg
    March_07_1.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 50
  • March_07_2.jpg
    March_07_2.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 51

Most reactions

trending