Ideas Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emma12321

fish nerd
Reaction score
Anyone got a good suggesting as to how i can get 3 adult bristlenose plecs out of a jumbo juwel filter ? they decided it would be a good place to breed and i came up with a cunning plan to get the wrigglers out only left about 7 that i can't reach. they shoot down the gap next to the heater when i lift the lid.

on a plus note i've now found martha (my butch female that i thought could be male (could be arthur could be martha)) that i thought had died in january and bryan my big g a y male bristle nose has finally discovered ladies, only taken him about 3 years.

Not sure if mum is martha or elsie, elsie was born in this tank in may 2005 and it will be her first spawn too. Bob her brother started breeding with his females last year and is now on batch 3.

the wrigglers are in a floating breeder thingy for now and will be put with the other fry with the breeding group in the 4ft tank when they start to look like proper fish.

they had managed to get under 2 jumbo sponges to lay the eggs :blink: .

the reason there is no lid on the filter is because i kept finding crispy hatchet fish on top of it, as least now i can net them out and put them back in the tank.

yes most of my plecs have daft names :rolleyes:

the only way is to pull the filter apart and disassemble it to get them.

even then colin - there are internal dividers fitted that will make it almost impossible...

Myself - I'd take this as a hint and remove the filter and replace it with a good external :) :)

I vote for a replacement too! But that doesn't help your immediate problem I'm sure. Syhon them out with airline or something a little wider.

you could always just leave them be. They are obviously happy there. Use it as a party game, spot the catfish :)

the filter sticks up an inch above the water and they jump in.

i got the tool box out using 2 pairs of pliers and twisting the middle section i was able to slide it out just took me ages to net them then lol then even longer to fit the filter section back in.

They are now in a 2ft tank with black corys and 4 peacock endlers. Only 3 wrigglers survived being eaten so i have put them in there too, see how they go.

glad i got them out cos the females are looking skinny, the male used to jump in and out regularly but the females can't have figured out the getting out bit.

Emma :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back