Ideas For Tank Please?

TigerOscar11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Its been quite a while since i have posted on here, but i have a 4 ft aquarium that is 1.5 ft wide.
I currently have 2 half sized oscars (one albino and one tiger), Black ghost knife (about 12inches), Synodontis and 2 angels.

Now, i want to be able to do more with the tank, at the moment i have basically nothing but the sand and a tunnel for the ghost knife, as my oscars are renowned for hurting themselves.

I have a green terror and a silver shark in another tank as they are no more than 3 inches, i would like to put them with the oscars and move the other fish if needed, but i also want to have some sort of decoration. I know in cant have live plants because they will pull them up and most things i put in the tank  they scratch themselves on them.

Like i said i havnt been on here ina while and i may have the topic in the wrong place.
Sorry for my writing as i have done this in a rush while i have had a few spae minutes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

Angels with oscars!! wow Australian oscars must be chilled :)

If your oscars are now 7-8" (half size) they really need a bigger tank if you want to keep the both of them, 4 ft x 18" is only just big enough for a single oscar really, at a push.

As for decor with oscars, near enough all oscars will injure themselves at some point on decor, they are inquisitive and love to move stuff about. You can get some large bogwood or mopani. I use oak branches so they have something to swim around and in and out of. When you put decor in with an oscar make sure it is on the bottom glass deep in the substrate so they cannot dig under it and it fall. If your water is clean then the odd scratch and scrape on an oscar will heal again within a few days.

They have been together since they were babies.

I have decided that im not going to keep my oscars, as i cant do what i want with them.

You also need to think about your BGKF too, the tank is not big enough for him either and the GT again its on the limit I am afraid once it reaches full size :(

You can use smooth river stone hardscape. No edges to hurt any fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back