Id This Killi Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Munroco

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Purchased as Aphyosemian Striatum but I have my doubts. I'll keep my opinion to myself so as not to influence any answers. What type is this?

Attachments

• killi 1.jpg
    killi 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 302
  • killi2.jpg
    killi2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 307
I'm thinking a juvi male Aphyosemion australe Gold perhaps?

Australe was my guess too, Doesn't matter anyway as male didn't last the night. Just hoping my LFS will agree to taking back 7 females.

No idea on the ID, but sure is beautiful! I'm loving killi's the more I look into them...might be a future project!

jag51186 said:
No idea on the ID, but sure is beautiful! I'm loving killi's the more I look into them...might be a future project!
For me too, I haven't kept killies for more than 30 years. There wasn't nearly so much choice back then. I had a few gardneri that bred quite often, but they must have been inbred as a lot of the fry had deformed mouths. I was looking for a male australe online to replace the dead one and saw loads of ads for eggs. Fairly inexpensive too, I may go down that route.

This here is an Aphyosemian Australe 
I have had two pairs now. 
I'm sorry he didn't last the night :( 

I also hope you have a hood that fits susupsuper tight and have nono holes. As they will escape! 
[SIZE=51.8596px]what's your water flow like too? [/SIZE]

Water flow is quite gentle, using a sponge filter in a 3ft tank. I think my tank is escape proof

Wow I am sorry for all those typing mistakes. 
That's what happened when you use a mobile xD 

They will escape through any hole. I've had one jump out the gap for wires. Try covering with a net. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back